Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Does smoking weed from a glass spoon give you a smokers cough?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by anonorange, May 4, 2012.

1. Does smoking weed from a glass spoon give you a smokers cough?

2. To a certain extent yes. Obviously it wouldn't be as bad but you would cough more when you talk weed rather than not taking it.

3. Well it gives you an immediate cough if you don't hit it perfectly. Marijuana makes people cough all the time, though. I even cough and I smoke through a bubbler/bong most of the time! :D If you smoke a few bowls a day it will eventually burn all of your cilia and you will develop a cough. But if you smoke a bowl or two a day it won't develop quite as fast. I have been smoking for about a year now and I only smoke a bowl a day. I still haven't burned my cilia/developed a cough. It's like smoking a cigarette a day isn't going to give you a smoker's cough, but if you go through 6 or 7 a day you'll develop a cough. :wave:

4. Also exercise will help you stay in shape and keep the lungs healthy! Hit the treadmill then the bowl! Cool

5. If you're worried about a smoker's cough I have one word for you... vaporizer.

6. Well I smoke a bowl once ever 2-3 days :p and I workout for football everyday, so should I be good for now?

7. You won't get a smokers cough with weed.. a smokers cough is when the toxic tobacco smoke paralyzes and destroys the cilia in your throat and clilia are what trap debri, dust and shit particles, and when those are gone your body produces extra mucus in your throat.

8. [quote name='"Gryphonics"']You won't get a smokers cough with weed.. a smokers cough is when the toxic tobacco smoke paralyzes and destroys the cilia in your throat and clilia are what trap debri, dust and shit particles, and when those are gone your body produces extra mucus in your throat.[/quote]

Dude,no. I smoked pure weed everyday,atleast a gram a day, and i have a smokers cough. Smoking ANYTHING and ENOUGH OF IT will cause smokers cough.

9. I've smoked weed everyday and no more then 3 smokes a day for the past 3 years+ and don't have a smokers cough or cough at all in the matter. Maybe you can't handle your shit lol

10. [quote name='"Gryphonics"']
    I've smoked weed everyday and no more then 3 smokes a day for the past 3 years+ and don't have a smokers cough or cough at all in the matter. Maybe you can't handle your shit lol[/quote]

I can handle my shit when it comes to smoking. I also am sure I have a smokers cough from weed. I smoke exclusively through water filtration pieces, and still get a cough. When I smoke I inhale deeply and hold my hits in from 3-5 seconds and get high so i know I'm doing something right.

11. I smoke every day and I never cough. No smokers cough, and no coughing right when I hit it. If your weed is flushed properly when it is grown it will smoke smooth.

12. I smoke out of a lot, spoon, bong, joints, blunts, and I almost never cough (not bragging lol); I just don't, not when I hit it and not afterwards. Only when its a massive hit of some gnarly dank or if im hitting a half cashed bowl.