Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

does smoking weed deteriorate muscle growth?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by SMuRF 30, Jan 5, 2012.

1. I know this sounds dumb as fuck, but I noticed this and the question was just in my head. I weigh about 130 lbs, 5' 11" (Yes, I'm skinny as a twig). In the summer, I used to bench press about 150 to 155 lbs. Then, I stopped working out from about August to end of November and smoked a lot of weed during that time. When I started working out, I noticed I couldn't do as much anymore. My max was 135 lbs.

Now most of you would say, it's because you didn't workout in that time frame. That may be true but I didn't know I would drop 20 (or more) lbs in only 4 months of not touching weights. To me, that's crazy! Weird thing though is that my squat max didn't decrease at all.

2. You eating (while not working out) deposited more fat than muscle on your arms over that 4 month period

3. Ahh... That makes sense then

4. I'm skinny as fuck too man haha. I'm 6'0 140ish

5. You're benching your own weight after a break from lifting, you'll be back up there in no time from my experiences.

6. yeah dude pretty much the muscle laxisity hapening their, ive seen buff as hell tokers so i doubt its the weed but also smoking allot of weed will make you shortbreathed so in effect it could mean harder to workout but i think it would have to do more with running / cardio / swimming then weights.

7. I workout 5 times a week, mon.-fri. for 1 hour. Each day switching between upper body and lower body. Hopefully I can get back up to what I was before.

I feel so weak >.>

8. No. If anything smoking helps you heal after working out and excels muscle growth.

9. hey atleast your able to work out where as i have a stuffed up back and all and can barely walk for 10 minutes so stop complaining take some weed and be happy that you still got all your abilities to walk go to gym and shit im bloody jelous of people like you so cheer up :D

10. Don't think toking hurt Arnold Schwartzenegger at all!

11. lol, no, weed does not deteriorate muscle tissue or stunt muscle growth

12. Sorry man, I wasn't saying it in a way of dissing other that can't

13. Any type of smoking will decrease the bloods ability to pick up oxygen from the lungs (or something like that), you need go circulation to build muscles. I don't know if that necessarily means you'll lose muscles but remember you have to keep working on your muscles even if they're already well built because, unlike fat, muscles will shrink over time if you don't keep working on them.

Final note : I'm high as shit right now so I don't know if I wrote anything correctly, grammar, spelling or coherency. Sorry if I screwed up.

14. i know you did not mean it like that its just you said damn i feel so week part, no hard feelings just saying be happy dude.

15. guis, i notis that when i smok all dai, sumtimes my poo is all hard an shit.doesn t come out ezy. is dis cuz of weed?

:)

16. no its cause you decided not to drink water since you were high as hell all day lol if anythign weed makes the shits come out easier cause of relaxed muscles

17. Umm... When did this thread have anything to do with shit being hard?

18. [quote name='"Storm Crow"']Don't think toking hurt Arnold Schwartzenegger at all![/quote]

The 'roids did ;)