Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Does smoking sativas make you more energetic?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by SSH12, Dec 24, 2013.

1. I've been smoking everyday for the last 2 months mostly out of a pipe and tried multiple strains. a lot of em were indicas like OG kush, purp and I had plenty of sativas like trainwreck cinex etc. But I always hear stories of how people use this as likea  morning high to get em through the day, or gives you more energy where as for me I would smoke a sativa and I would probably feel like chilling and being couch locked just like i'm on indica.
    Why is this? Maybe I need to try a strain like jack herer? Or maybe the pipe has something to do with it?  What do you guys think?

2. Marijuana in general will make you want to chill out and relaxe. Sativas just less so than indica. I feel chill on sativa and more chill on indica. Sent from my SCH-S738C using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  3. That's not necessarily true. That's because most everything we can get these days is a hybrid. The true landrace pure sativas of the past acted like stimulants

• Like Like x 1
  4. [quote name="just one toke" post="19222408" timestamp="1387902370"]That's not necessarily true. That's because most everything we can get these days is a hybrid. The true landrace pure sativas of the past acted like stimulants[/quote]I remember watching a documentory and they talked about a pure sativa called durban something or another. It was supposed to be very stimulating. These strains are hard to get from my understanding.Thanks for clarifying my post. Hybrids and indicas generally give a chill high.Sent from my SCH-S738C using Grasscity Forum mobile app

5. Sativa is more euphoric and energetic, better for depression. Indica is more sedative and for sleep and pain management. Most are hybrids so you have to go for the sativa or indica dominants.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Certain really powerful sativas ive smoked have kept me from sleeping at night for sure, but for the most part unless I really go through a gram or so its more of a euphoric/dreamy high for me which I love. Keeps me coming back to the Sour D from my dealer.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Yup. Very stimulating and extremely hard to come by. Damn I wish I could get some... And is the strain you're thinking of Durban poison?

8. It's up to you really like if I smoke a sativa I still feel lazy but if I decide to be energetic on sativa then I can be.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Just as a reference, pure Durban Posion is gone, the Dutch bastardized it, so now its only like 75% I think.

But yes, Landrace, and pure Sativas are used as a substitute for coffee in a lot of countries.

And they are rare because they take an insane amount of time to flower (some up to 24weeks), have a tendency to reveg if you don't watch them closely, and don't yield near as well as Indicas (so they are less valuable to those who want money). They also can get absolutely huge (I saw a 15footer in a 5gal pot).

On the flipside, they are usually Psychedelically potent

10. #10 Deleted member 194034, Dec 24, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 24, 2013
    Sativas make me feel a bit more excited while indicas make me feel mellow. I love a strong sativa high. Everything becomes beautiful. Although i do like a heavy indica because everything feels beautiful

• Like Like x 1
  11. Pure sativas will give you an energetic high and are easily my favorites.

12. [quote name="just one toke" post="19223078" timestamp="1387910595"]Yup. Very stimulating and extremely hard to come by. Damn I wish I could get some... And is the strain you're thinking of Durban poison?[/quote]Yeah durban poison. Id like to try some but where i live thats almost impossible. Maybe someday...Sent from my SCH-S738C using Grasscity Forum mobile app

13. My uncle described it to me best, before I ever knew the difference..."If you wanna kick back and watch a movie, smoke an indica. If you wanna wash your car and mow the lawn, smoke a sativa."

14. So, not energetic per se. But the high is more cranial and in your head as opposed to your body feeling heavy and trippy. Indices will sedate you, essentially.

15. Indicas typically hit me harder and creates a heavy high while sativas make my mind race and i think a lot more in depth and it's easier to go out and be more productive.

16. Some sativas bring me really up, some are mild and mellow too me. It all depends. I find i crash after 3 hours after smoking some sativas too. 

17. #17 Shiva Blaster, Dec 30, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 30, 2013
    Definitely.   It varies by strain, but the C99 and Grapefruit that I've grown both gave me a huge rush of energy and very productive, energetic highs. 

Sativas are the shit.