Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

does smoking marijuana causes lung cancer

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by pothead917, Oct 18, 2021.

• Funny Funny x 1
  1. I've never had tar in my bong ever in my life

2. Research on it says no, that being said it's true that smoke of any kind has carcinogens in it due to the act of combustion itself. Believe me I'm not afraid to spark up some bud but I do mostly vape these days and encourage vaping over smoking in part because it is healthier.

3. that black residue in your bong is tar

4. I dont smoke the resin tho

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. The resin comes from the smoke. Whatever ends up in a pipe is also in our lungs. There's a lot of particulates in smoke no matter what we use.

6. THC fights Cancer so I figure it's a push. Any possible damage caused by tar is outweighed by the Cancer fighting properties of the THC.

Edibles beat it all by avoiding any lung inhalation plus the added benefits of the 5x stronger effects per mg used. Just an 1/8th a gram edible will keep you stoned all day long. That isn't enough to fill a single toke pipe or roll a pinner joint from.

BNW

• Like Like x 1
  7. exactly what i was thinking just take edibles but that means we can not smoke it

8. You can and I do. The edible punches really hard and is just about all I want at 6am. I'm usually good till noon when I'll take a toke or maybe two off the pipe. That punches my clock again real hard until evening. Share a toke or two with the wife before dinner and I'm zooming all over again.

It doesn't take but a tiny bit of inhalation to boot a strong edible in the ass for several hours. I'm high all day but only toke a tiny fraction of what I would need to and I still wouldn't be this high.

Let the edible setup your baseline and it only needs a little touching up to stay right at that "I've had enough for a while" point. I'll look over at the half smoked pipe and think Naaaaa not yet. Then I'll go get interested in something and it'll be hours before it occurs to me to have a toke.

BNW

9. What is tar anyways? Is that bad?

10. then your lungs will be black and weak from tar

11. LOL I live in a major metro City under the incoming flight path of a major airport. 737s Jets landing every few minutes. It's like smoking a half pack of cigarettes a day just living here. The tiny bit of Hash I smoke doesn't add that much to the daily garbage I inhale.

BNW

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. #13 Storm Crow, Oct 19, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2021
    This large international study found NO link between cannabis use and lung cancer!

“Cannabis smoking and lung cancer risk: pooled analysis in the International Lung Cancer Consortium” Cannabis smoking and lung cancer risk: Pooled analysis in the International Lung Cancer Consortium - PubMed

“Our pooled results showed no significant association between the intensity, duration, or cumulative consumption of cannabis smoke and the risk of lung cancer”.

And here is WHY cannabis does not cause lung cancer-

Cannabinoids Increase Lung Cancer Cell Lysis By Lymphokine-Activated Killer Cells Via Upregulation of ICAM-1 Cannabinoids increase lung cancer cell lysis by lymphokine-activated killer cells via upregulation of ICAM-1 - ScienceDirect

(This study is a “tad” technical, so I’ll just translate it into English. Even so you should know that “Lysis” is the death and decomposition of a cell; “ICAM-1” is intercellular adhesion molecule 1, the “stickiness”; LAK are Killer cells; and “R-Methanandamide” is a synthetic cannabinoid very similar to your body's own endocannabinoid, Anandamide.)

In the study, they explain that THC, CBD and R-Methanandamide, all cause cancer cells to become “sticky”, so your immune system's Killer Cells can grab the cancer cells more easily and destroy them! Interestingly, the cannabinoids “ignore” healthy lung cells, so your Killer Cells just go after the “sticky” cancer cells!

The abstract concludes- "Altogether, our data demonstrate cannabinoid-induced upregulation of ICAM-1 on lung cancer cells to be responsible for increased cancer cell lysis by LAK cells. These findings provide proof for a novel antitumorigenic mechanism of cannabinoids."

A former anti-cannabis researcher, Dr. Tashkin, changed his mind about cannabis once the results were in-

From “Top Anti-Drug Researcher Changes His Mind, Says Legalize Marijuana” https://www.cannabisculture.com/con...her-changes-his-mind-says-legalize-marijuana/ “He hypothesized that there would be a definitive link between cancer and marijuana smoking, but the results proved otherwise. “What we found instead was no association and even a suggestion of some protective effect,” says Tashkin, whose research was the largest case-control study ever conducted.”

Here's one of the studies that changed his mind-

Marijuana Use and the Risk of Lung and Upper Aerodigestive Tract Cancers: Results of a Population-Based Case-Control Study Marijuana use and the risk of lung and upper aerodigestive tract cancers: results of a population-based case-control study - PubMed where they found that "contrary to our expectations, we found no positive associations between marijuana use and lung or UAT cancers"..... "associations of marijuana use with the study cancers are not strong and may be below detectable limits".

And then there's this little case study-

“Striking lung cancer response to self-administration of cannabidiol: A case report and literature review” Striking lung cancer response to self-administration of cannabidiol: A case report and literature review where “In summary, the data presented here indicate that CBD may have had a role in the striking response in a patient with histologically proven adenocarcinoma of the lung as a result of self-administration of CBD oil for a month and in the absence of any other identifiable lifestyle, drug or dietary changes.”

So no other changes in the elderly gentleman's life except CBD oil, and his "histologically proven adenocarcinoma of the lung" vanished! FYI- It is very rare for researchers to use adjectives like "striking"- it means their little scientific minds were totally blown by the results! :eek2: :eek2: :eek2:

Granny :wave:

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Current gossip says no ...but you are inhaling burnt shit at 800c, onto soft moist spongy human tissue
    if you are concerned consider vaping
    most oldies do ...and me, but it takes time to adapt and the cash outlay for a vape can be high

good luck

14. "does smoking marijuana causes lung cancer"

No

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Burning and inhaling endless rolls of bleached white paper causes cigarette induced smoking tar buildup, or COPD.

If your lungs were made out of glass and your insides were cotton balls, it might look bad for you.

16. As usual Granny nails it with the science to back it up.

BNW

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. So we can all agree inhaling the smoke from any burning substance is less then ideal and should be held to a minimum. How best to accomplish that is to delete as much of the useless parts of the Cannabis as you can. All that leaf is not doing anything as far as getting you stoned.
    Dry Ice Kief or Ice Water Hash is simple enough and while the 10-15% net looks small it really is the same amount of THC. You just removed the 85% that was green leafy material. Same with Hot pressing.
    [​IMG]
    Credit card of Trichomes. Dry Ice Kief.

Personally I find vaping to be useless. It just doesn't get the job done for me. With Kief I only need a rather small toke to have it kick start the fading edible in the ass and bring it roaring back in full force. Even 190 proof Tincture from Kief doesn't hit as fast or as well as good old fashioned Smoke can do to me.

The combination of a known dose edible to set my baseline with a toke now and then and I need a bare minimum of Booster shots to keep me right where I like to be. Compared to the 40 years of Smoking both Cigs and Doobies in rather large amounts my Doc doesn't like me smoking at all but agrees 4-8 tokes per day likely isn't hurting me any. Quit Cigs 12 years ago and stopped 99% of my Cannabis inhalation when I changed to daily edible oil 9 years ago.

Something I've noticed and other heavy Cannabis users agree All the weed smoking boosted our immune systems and for the most part we either don't catch what is going around or we get the mildest of cases and throw it off in half the time as our non or lesser Cannabis using friends, spouses and family.

BNW

18. Never that's resin tar isn't in tobacco nicotine is in tobacco. Tabacco manufactures put tar into cigarettes among other bad stuff. Cigarettes themselves dont give one lung cancer. Tabacco like weed is a plant the other things companies put into tabacco gives you cancer.

19. My pulmonary system gave me a standing ovation for using a table top vaporizer.

• Like Like x 1