Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

does smoking lead to being a bum???

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by jakumaraski, Jan 24, 2006.

1. Ever since my rents caught me smoking they've been talking about me becoming a bum and being a drug addict and what not. i cant even see myself going that route ,seeing as if how im in school and i still get good grades... i think its because they think that its going to lead to heavier drugs like heroin, and i will be spending all my money on it then eventually become homeless . how does that sound??

2. That sounds like complete bullshit. Go figure though, it's illegal. Ask them when the last time was that they saw someone go from pot to herion.

3. uh, i went from pot to heroin. Im not blaming it on pot, i was just being experimental

4. Sounds like yor not 18:cool: Also you really shouldnt smoke on your parents property and avide by their rules. ITS THEIR HOUSE!!! I used to smoke with my mom but if my grades were in a slump, or Id been smoking to much she wouldnt let me, and whenever I did shed kick me out for the weekend. Not fun when your 15 although I used to just go to my friends and toke their. Parents now seem like theyre gettin softer and softer as time goes on.:cool: :smoke:

5. actually im 19

6. Yeah, pot does lead to being a bum. You start to get tired of the high you get from weed, and you start moving to more hardcore shit.. some people do atleast. I know that I am a druggie, and there is a difference between a druggie and a pothead, a druggie will try practically anything that is put infront of them that will get them high. A pothead sticks with pot and stays away from most other drugs.

7. so are u a bum then ?

8. Well i smoke in my parents house, its the only place i can without bein harassed, my mom jus thnks im into scented candles now tho...lol!!! :D dunno if thats a bad thing!!!:confused:

9. first off, keep in mind i think the gateway theory is bullshit. that said, i doubt youll ever find someone who tried heroin without trying weed, atleast when your talking people who went to a high school like your own.

not that there is any link. ill bet you wont find a heroin user who never learned to ride a bike either. its just something people do during the course of their lives.

10. I'm not a bum, but I am not going to college.. and I was making great grades before I started smoking. I don't regret it, but I am sure that the reason I am not going to college is from weed and all the other shit that i've done

11. I go to school, have a scholarship, job, pay for all my shit(im 18) and weed didnt affect me, it just depends on the person If you can keep your priorities in order, youlle be just fine.

12. i dunno what happend to me this quarter but 1st i had like a 3,85gpa then 2nd i went to a 2.6 ......oh well ive been smokeing for years....i just fucked up at the end of the quarter cause we had a huge amount of big papers to turn in and i just completly slacked and turned everything in a week late

oh well, stoner will always be a stoner

13. personally, i was going the bum route anyways. of course no one believes that, since i used to get good grades and all before i started smoking weed.. but really, it wasn't the weed's fault. i had no desire to do anything with my life to begin with. i only did well in school because my parents wanted and expected me to. my brother was a "screw up", so to make things easier for them, i decided to do well in school and stay out of trouble. that only caused more problems, because after they saw how well i could do, they expected more out of me. finally i got sick of trying to live up to such high expectations.. when really, i didn't want any of that shit. i was content with just sliding by.. no need to go beyond. once i entered high school, i began to really slack. the first half of grade 9 was pretty good, but by the end of grade 9 i had failed two classes.. but they weren't academic classes, so no one thought it as a big deal. grade 10 is when everything really began to go downhill..and coincidentally, that's when i really started to get into weed. but it was the weed that fit with my lifestyle. it didn't change it at all...only enhanced it, made it all the better.

i do have a desire to learn and become more knowledgable, but i do that on my own. i read a lot, and do a lot of random research. in school, i do well on assignments that i think are important, and focus more academically. if i think i know the material well enough, i don't bother doing assignments.. or i only do the parts of them that i think are important. i can't be fucked to do anything more. perhaps the decisions i made weren't the best, but they were made in a sober mind. weed is not to blame.

14. smoking can lead to being a bum, if you let it. i make sure i get my shit done first them smoke. Really take to heart the WORK hard to party hard

15. I think as long as you have your priorities straight you'll be fine. I go to a private school and have maintained a 3.4 gpa taking all honors/ap courses. Earlier this year though i got my first c and my other grades were not as high as usual. I realized I was smoking more than I should have been and once i laid back i pulled my 82 in AP econ up to a 96. So I think its all about controling yourself and knowing when to say no.

16. Any hobby can lead to being a bum. If I played videogames all day eventually I'd become a bum and yes if you smoked weed all day there's a good chance you'd become a bum. Why? Because its a self-fulfilling phrophecy. First off, its illegal, you get in trouble at school, and get kicked out, now what? No education. HOw the hell are you gonna get a job? Maybe that doesn't happen. So you're parents catch you and you all get in a big fight. Maybe they kick you out, maybe you leave...now you're out on your own. Because of Marijuana? No, because marijuana is illegal. So maybe that doesn't happen, maybe you have a job and one day get RANDOMLY drug tested, you test positive and now your fired and have no job. Because you were slacking? No. Because of Marijuana? No. Because marijuana is illegal. Marijuana being illegal causes many more problems than marijuana itself ever could. Thank you American government. And once again, gateway theory is propaganda bullshit. Alcohol is the gateway drug and even then, YOU have to get the other drugs. I tried alcohol long before weed. I can't stand hearing that gatewat shit anymore. I used to tolerate it, then I counter-argued it, now I just can't stand it. I hate how alcohol is so accepted merely because its legal...

17. Sometimes I see other stoners and see how they come out, bums. My dad smoked a shitload when he was younger and turned out with a shitty job. Seeing all this happen around me, I make sure I do what's gotta be done. Even though I do put off things a lot, i'm still getting B's in school. As long as you have balance and don't let drugs take over your life, everything should be fine.

18. Saying that pot is a gateway drug is just the government using statistics to their advantage. I guess you could also assume that alcohol is a gateway drug too. I mean, most people who smoke drank first.

Notice how they say "most people who go on to harder drugs started on weed." They don't say "most people who smoke weed go on to harder drugs" thats just a flat out lie.

Obviously if weed is one of the most popular drugs, logically most people who do hard stuff have smoked weed.

19. Not having a home can lead you to homelessness.