Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Does smoking from aluminum foil cause Alzheimer's?

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by Ganjagreen420, Aug 13, 2010.

1. I used to smoke weed almost everyday (some weeks just 0-3 days or so a week) from a homemade bong with tinfoil as the bowl, for about 1 1/2 years, maybe less. I was wondering what my chances are of developing Alzheimer's disease now? I know that I deserve it, due to my stupidity, but I'm just wondering if it will actually happen.

2. Don't know, tell us when you get Alzheimer's.

3. it puts holes in your brain and smoking out of tin foil is possibly the worst thing for you, so probably

4. I smoked out of tinfoil all day. What was this thread about?

5. How long have you been smoking out of tinfoil all day for?

6. i actually dont really know what to think when it comes to smoking with foil. i stay away from it, but i mean we cook with it, which is kinda the same thing?

7. No?

At least I doubt it highly. In order to get anything from smoking out of tin foil you would have to get the tin foil to vaporize and then smoke it. It just doesn't sound likely to me.

8. I'm not sure, but I'm going to assume it does. But aluminum foil doesn't put off any vapors until a certain degree.

4472.6 F is the melting point for Aluminum.

Chemical Elements.com - Aluminum (Al)

9. How exactly can smoking with aluminum foil do anything when a butane lighter can't even come close to vaporizing it?

10. Although to add...that is really a shitty way to smoke, tin foil burns terribly...but causing any disease, no, I don't think so.

11. if foil was THAT bad we wouldn't be using it to cook with.

12. I used a bbq torch about 5 times max when I didnt have a lighter/matches. God damnit, I'm fucking retarded. Ah well, atleast I know better now...

13. Just think on the bright side, there's medical marijuana that treats Alzeimers.

14. its been debated time and time again on this forum,stop smoking from metal man. get a pack of papers,or buy a freekin piece

15. Hahah yeah, I remembered that after I was scared shitless when I learned about it potentially being hazardous. If I ever get diagnosed with it, I'm smoking a pound of weed everyday until I die.

16. #16 Ganjagreen420, Aug 13, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 13, 2010
    How long will it take until I start noticing symptoms, if they do arise? Also, I'm not sure if this means anything, but I'm pretty sure I've sustained quite a bit of brain damage throughout my life. There are too many stories, one of them involves being kicked in the face about 15-20 times by five different people two hallowe'ens ago. Could this contribute?

17. And AIDS.

18. :eek:

19. I dunno y'all, my head feels pretty hollow... fuck...

20. It's only because you're worrying about it my man. Pack another one, maybe out of a waterfall or spoon?