Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Does smoking cause mouth cancer?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by stillblaziinn, Oct 5, 2012.

1. So over the past few days i've had a slight cough, nothing crazy. About 3 hours ago a noticed a really weird hard bump on the roof of my mouth and it hurts a little. Then about an hour ago my ear started hurting. (On one note, I have been sick multiple times in the past 3 months with a bad cough, ear infection, sinus infection and the flu, haha I don't exactly have the strongest immune system...) So I, being a curous teenager googled my symtoms of 'Bump of roof of the mouth' and instantly see the word cancer or lump everywhere... and it's really freaking me the fuck out. I already have bad anxiety so it's not helping that. Overall I am a healthy 18 year old, I work out and try to eat as healthy as I can. I've smoked weed for about 3 years every once and a while but this past summer I have been smoking alot, probably like every other day for the past two months (I know it's been bad, but it was summer so I kinda got carried away...But now that schools here I don't much)

So can someone just help me out here? I know I know I sound stupid, and I have read so many articles about what cancers marijuana doesn't cause or can prevent but I just can't remeber what it said about mouth cancer. Plus I don't feel like i'm that heavy of a user? 2 months couldn't do that much damage could it? Help me out guys...

2. Man, the little lump could be all manner of things.
    The mouth seems prone to little lumps and bumps man, and yeah on the roof it would hurt, because it's a pretty hard area there isn't it?
    I mean get it checked is all you can do at this point...but you'll probably find it's something less harmful.

Coughing = not really synonymous with oral cancer, though smoking weed could have something to do with it.

Also, don't be too worried about the ear thing, the mouth/throat/nose/ears are all kind've connected, so that's normal at least relatively speaking.

If weed is all you smoke, well, nobody is "immune" but I'd say the odds are with you here.

3. Depends on what you smoking. If all you are smoking are L's or cigs in addition then yeah defiantly. Glass etc no not at all.

4. Don't talk shit.
    ALL smoke can contribute.

5. Yeah I don't fuck with tobacco or anything. Plus I just got a vape so i'll be doing the best possible smoking.

But yeah it's really weird. Like I said I have had soi much throat/nose/ear stuff in the past 2 months and the throat and ear pain right now is exactly what happens with my allergies so I hope it ties into that. I'm going to the doctor tomorrow so we'll see.

6. Only weed.