Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Does smoking before bed make you dream more?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by ApeGooda, Feb 12, 2015.

1. Every time I smoke right before bed I have these intends dreams. I'll have 3 or different dreams in the night. When I don't smoke I don't really have dreams or I can't remember my dream. I remember my dream to a tee when I smoke. Is there something I'm thc that effects your dream state ?

2. I rarely dream, or rarely remember them probably.  I've read quite a bit about what effects marijuana has on sleep, and it seems like the science is still kind of inconclusive, mainly because science doesn't 100% understand dreams.  But I believe it's known that marijuana users tend to have less REM sleep, which isn't necessarily bad for you.  But in spite of that, dreams are not impossible, and still can happen, and weed does tend to intensify them when they occur.  The problem is that weed really affects your ability to recall your dreams.  One of the reasons I don't mind taking the occasional tolerance break is because of the REM rebound and all the crazy dreams I have.

3. Ive read on here that weed makes you dream less.. Ive experienced the opposite - usually when i smoke i get really good dreams and remember them

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. I've been smoking super heavily for 10+ years now. I can't remember the last time I recalled even a little of a dream during times of smoking all day everyday. Until taking a break, then I dream like crazy. It happens every time without fail. For me, it's totally conclusive, weed makes you dream less, unfortunately. I believe that's what most research tends to say too.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

5. #5 The real spliff shady, Feb 13, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 13, 2015
    Ima do the experiment ament right now and post results in the morning.

6. this may sound like an idiot but i want anything but having nightmares....my soul is tired of it

7. Nope.

8. Weed stops me from dreaming. I took a day off last week and had some nasty nightmares lol.

9. I'm not a heavy smoker at all, like once, twice a week. Would it affect my dream recall?

10. I only recall dreams when I don't smoke weed. I didnt smoke in a few days and I'm back to bizarro world every night.

11. I smoke before bed and very rarely have dreams.

12. It doesn't make me dream more, but I'll experiment to make sure cuz that would be awesome.

13. +1

14. I've just quit smoking after heavy 4 year straight sesh and holy shit my dreams have gone insane!

15. Complete opposite for me

[​IMG]

16. I never dream when I smoke. I always sleep so well I close my eyes at night and open them, and it's morning.

17. Just woke up after sleeping high as fuck no dreams that I can recall.

18. Yeah I've also read that it makes you dream less. I still dream when I go to bed high but I definitely have dreams more often when I go to bed sober.

19. I don't think I've ever had a dream after smoking marijuana, usually it just makes me so sleepy that I stay konked out through the night.

Now if I take some melatonin, meditate, or both, then I'll have a lot of wild, vivid, some good ones, others nightmares. :confused_2:

20. Quite the opposite. I never dream any more unless I've been off weed for a couple days, when I am clean... man those dreams are vivid.