Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Does smoke Go Stale

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Pola Bear, Dec 18, 2009.

1. #1 Pola Bear, Dec 18, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 18, 2009
    Does smoke actually go stale and loose its THC? I wouldn't think so because it sits there a while in a vaporizer. Also, where could the THC go? I don't think it goes stale, but I just want to check to make sure. I know it gets nasty after a while but how can it just loose it THC? I don't think it can and thats why I'm asking.

2. Lol I don't know but that's a weird question why would you keep it in their anyway?

3. the thc and lots of tars will stick to the sides of a bong if you leave it in there for awhile if that is what your asking.

4. Excellent question. Im interested too, always have people hounding me "Hit that lung before it goes stale!"...Like yeah, it'll taste like racoon asshole, but whatever, i'll still be high.

5. THC vaporizes at a certain temperature, but it doesn't necessarily stay that way. I think the idea is that it will, over time, condense onto the inside surface of the pipe if you don't take it fast enough. And if you don't hit a vaporizer for a while the air down at the heating element will just be maintained at that temperature setting, so it won't condense.

I dunno, I don't have a problem clearing bongs. I just milk it, pull out the slide, and inhale, and I never have to worry about it getting stale. :cool:

6. As far as holding a hit is concerned, after 5-8 seconds all THC has been absorbed in your body and therefore there's no reason to hold the smoke in for any longer because at this point you're only hurting yourself.

7. #7 PrettyLit, Dec 19, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 19, 2009
    you damn right it does!~ and it taste funky =/ plus idk why you would wanna hit stale smoke yuck fresh is the best way and only way too goo. :]

and get your numbers Straight it takes 3 seconds for your lungs to absorbed 90% THC in your body anything longer then that then your absorbing more crab and killing your lungs faster.

8. SMOKE goes stale within seconds, vapor takes a long while to absorb so its best to take small vaporizier rips that you can hold in until nothing is exhaled.

But NEVER hold smoke in for longer then 5 seconds, it does not make you higher and it only gives your lungs more time to soak up tar.

9. I've heard this from some friends. If you hit the bong or something, and leave a little smoke in their supposly it turns stale. I finish my hit in one hit usaully. No worries:hello:lol

10. Id like some proof on this if anyone has some sources.

I just cant take someone serious when they say stale smoke is worthless... The THC just doesnt float away.....

11. No it doesn't float away. It cools and falls to the bottom of the piece (or sticks to the side) as resin.

Think about it; the only reason "smoking" something is useful is because it burns it. At a very high temperature, as it cools it ceases to become smoke, therefore you can't smoke it.

12. There's a few problems in your logic... smoke doesn't cool and become not smoke, just cooler smoke.

You're also assuming that THC for some reason floats around when its hot, and sinks when its cold. Do you have anything to back this up?

13. i dunno about thc count, but if i leave smoke sitting in my pipe for more than a couple seconds it really tastes DISGUSTING

14. If the taste of stale smoke(and smell and that of your piece too) doesnt throw you off then some one should do a liget experiment and see if stale smokes still gets you high like fresh smoke does.

15. Uh, physics? Assuming that cannabinoids obey the laws of physics, then the principle displayed in this video WRT the frozen balloon sinking apply:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tPJLFDekxZA&NR=1]YouTube - Expansion and Contraction[/ame]

On further thought, my guess is that in a bong seeing active use the temperature never gets low enough to cause the actual condensation of cannabinoids, but in general, yes.