does size matter?

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by shubbie, Nov 30, 2012.

1. #1 shubbie, Nov 30, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2012
    Not that kind of size! lol, plant size..............

We are going to be out of town for 3 weeks or so, our neighbor watches over our house, but not the "room".

My honey wants to leave the kids growing until we get back, so another 5 weeks of growing.
    Right now they range from 6 inches to over a foot in size. I know I will need to arrange the lights to the side so the plants can grow up and not hit them. They might do some stretching, the water system is automatic, they are in great organic soil.

I have time to send them to flower, to sort out the boys, but he really wants to leave them growing.

My guess is they will be over 2 feet tall when we get back, if not taller. I have tied a few of them down that LST system. They are in 5 gallon fabric pots.

The worse that can happen is we have to start over if something fails.

Any thoughts?

2. What type of lights are you using and how large is your grow room? If you have the space and light power I would go for the larger plants. If not then flower now for sure. That's kind of obvious though hahaha. Just remember that a plant that is 2 ft tall when you get back will stretch to between 4 and 6 ft in flower, depending on strain. Plus you need room for the lights and space between the plants and lights. I hope you have tall ceilings.

3. #3 shubbie, Nov 30, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2012
    They are in a downstairs room, 8 foot ceilings. The lights are florescent, tubes and cfl's.
    The room itself is around 8x16 feet. Currently 6 plants on a shelf. We can put them on the floor, move the stuff stored in there out and give them the whole room. We could also remove the drop ceiling and add 2 more feet to the height of the room.

Two are white widow (per the guy that gave us the seeds), 4 are bag seeds from some stuff from florida. No clue, currently, as to boys and girls, only one has show preflowers and might be a gal.

We have the room, a friend wants to sale him some high dollar lights, can't recall the type, but he wants to stick with florescent lights. We have a bunch running, so far the plants seem real happy.

Thanks for the reply, think we will just let them keep growing and be surprised when we return.

Thinking of making like a teepee over the plants with the lights so they have great side lighting, but also room to grow up without hitting them. The tubes don't burn them the cfl's do

I also have a bank of tube lights attached to the wall behind the plants

4. Flower now. Fluorescent lights are great but don't reach very far and work best for growing short plants, unless you add a shitload of side lighting.

5. Let me chat with the one that uses, I will make him make the call. I am just the grower learning how to grow. lol

6. My wife says it doesn't, but I think she's just being nice...

J

7. ROFLMAO.............. same thing I tell honey!