Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Does showering really sober you up?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by visine420, Dec 16, 2009.

1. I've gotten in the habit of baking in the bathroom at night and then showering to lose the smell and so i don't have to in the morning. Does it really sober you up? And i mean i do it right after i bake.

2. I dont know, does it? Everyone is different, some say it does, others swear that it doesnt. If your looking for proof that it does or doesnt your not going to find anything but opinions based on real experience, and it probabaly wont give you any clear answers. Im assuming if you have to ask that you dont really feel sobered up by a shower, so toke away!

3. Nah mane, I love taking a nice steamy shower after a fatass bowl. Makes me feel clean and refreshed.

4. I smoke and shower all the time and it never really sobers me up but everyone may be different.

5. No, but if you think it does than your going to get the placebo effect. For me my showers are exciting because i sometimes do the same.

Dont make a habit of smoking just to get to sleep....

6. Placebo sobers you up.

7. Well the one time I did shower right after I started feeling the full effects IN the shower and it was great...it didnt really kill the effect because right after the shower I grabbed a bowl of cereal and laughed my ass of at family guy reruns for about an hour..

It might sum people because it "wakes" them up and gets the blood flowing but not me and maybe not you either.

8. only if you think it does.

9. Everyone is affected by marijuana differently. If you smoke and shower and think it's great then keep it up. If you think it kills your buzz, then don't do it. Personally, I like it. Some of the best showers I've ever had.

10. I generally smoke in the shower now, since it's so fucking cold outside. I love it, but never would have thought it could sober you up. Anyways, from personal experience i'm going to say it doesn't, but who knows that's just me. If you like it, keep doing it cause i love having a nice hot shower after doming a bowl.:smoking:

11. wow thanks for all the quick responses, i feel reassured now. time to bake and shower!!

thanks again everybody :smoking:

12. /thread

13. Um no. The only thing that sobers you up is time. Lol

14. I actually use showering as part of my strategy to get the smell off of me after smoking a nice fat bowl. Unfortunately I have to take this precaution cuz I live with my parents, but I have never found its ruined my high. I think it feels fucking good getting all refreshed and shit.

15. not unless showering somehow removes thc from coursing through your brain...so no it doesn;t sober you up

16. I love taking showers baked! =P Doesn't seem to sober me.

17. I don't even smoke to sleep and I can't sleep why I am dry first night or 2 :(

18. As a lot of these other people feel, i feel even more relaxed and freshened after a bowl+shower. I prefer to shower during my highs