Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Does shotgunning get you higher?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by mc9391, Oct 9, 2011.

1. Well i have little experience when it comes to shotgunning (only ever done it twice) but from what i gather when u first inhale like 90 something percent of the thc is absorbed into ur body within the first 5 seconds. Both times i did it i was already pretty high so i couldnt really tell if it helped or not. From your experience and knowledge though what do you all think? Im just curious

2. I call this 'Smoking', not 'Shotgunning'. Haha, I always hold 'em in.

3. I thought shotgunning was what those soldiers did in Vietnam where they blow a tobacco pipe through a shotgun barrel and everyone gets a hit out of it.

4. that's where it originally came from, i think. i never really understood the point of shotgunning if your body takes in all the THC after a few seconds.

5. Weird shotgunning where I'm from means someone taking a hit let's say your GF or BF Then blowing it in your lungs like CPR, odd concept.

OP, I don't see any problem with holding hits in, I do it and feel weird if I don't now.

6. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P2zhI5K5yhU]Vietnam-Drugs (Marijuana) - YouTube[/ame]

7. The only time I ever shotgun is when I'm smoking with my girlfriend and I wanna act kinda sultry - it doesn't get you much higher (diminishing returns), it's just kind of fun to do every once in a while.

Also, don't confuse the headrush from holding your breath while inhaling smoke with actually getting higher.