Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Does schwag hurt our cause?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by blkarmphoenix, Dec 21, 2010.

1. So I read in another thread somebody was telling somebody to not buy schwag because it supports the mexican drug cartels. I was just wondering if there is any validity in this statement? I hadn't ever thought about it, it makes sense I suppose. I always buy dank so I'm not too worried about it. Back in the day though I used to schwag it up quite often.

2. Well, it would only really effect the United States (probably not even that much anyway)

3. It cant all come from one source, but If people stopped buying schwag we could make it extinct, making dank cheaper cause everyone will have it. just a dream. :)

4. What is this "cause" you are talking about?

5. I'm pretty sure that is a valid point. I can't imagine where else this brick SHIT comes from besides mexico anyway. Fuck the cartels

6. It's supply and demand, and unfortunately, schwag is McWeed. In any market, there will be a place for a low-quality, low-cost, high-volume product. The moment we legalize, the business will switch from the cartels to Philip Morris, and the nasty brown tide will roll right on.

7. the only thing schwag will effect if your lungs

8. The US probably does more harm to itself buying damn near everything these days Made in China than we could EVER do by buying schwag in "support" of drug cartels...

9. This. Saying buying schwag hurts the cause is like saying buying dank hurts the cause. In one way or another the money is gonna get back to some bigger guys lol. The simplest way to kill schwag as the guy above me said is to legalize bud. If you can go to the grocery store and buy a bag then the mexican drug cartels will be out of luck.

10. It might finally make people realize that by not legalizing it is just causing more money to flow into the hands of Mexican Cartels...

11. Idk why but i hate this thread lol.

12. Schwag comes from everywhere. Just because there's shitty weed, doesn't mean it came from mexico. It only takes a shitty grower to produce shitty pot.

13. Some people get paranoid on the super "strains", some can't afford the best stuff, and some people consider the high they get from Mexican budget weed ("schwag") to be more than enough for their needs. It's supply and demand. I haven't had any of that stuff in decades, though, because it doesn't seem to come to New York anymore.

I hope that Mexico will one day grow really good stuff again - I'd be more than happy to buy the really good golds and such that come from Acapulco, Michocan, etc. - in fact I'd prefer them to most any of the super-expensive domestic stuff that's being sold today.

14. The cause of not being criminalized for ingesting smoke from burning plant material

[/B]

Very good point. I just hate the fact that weed has fallen into the drug world so far that the violent cartels have their hands in it. Makes me feel like a little bit more of a piece of dirt for smoking it.

15. There's absolutely no doubt that scwhag pretttttyyy much alll comes from Mexico. Ever see the quanity they move? Bricks, bricks, bricks and more bricks.

So yes.. if you buy schwag you are putting money into the drug cartels pockets.

I wouldn't loose any sleep over it, though. America brought this problem on ourselves.