does quality weed matter when using a vap?

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by mgjscdhl, Jan 21, 2012.

1. I'll be the first to admit I'm not a connoisseur.. I smoke a few times a week when my back pain is bad, or when I have trouble sleeping, bad migranes.. I just recently tried a vaporizer and wondering; does quality herb matter when vaporizing? From what I understand not everything is vaporized and (for me) the high is more "cerebral" than I've had with a bong, joint or pipe.

I'd like to hear someone's opinions on this one...
    While I want "good weed" I don't necessarily want/need to spend alot on it..

Thanks for stopping by
    Geo

2. Is shit okay to eat?

3. thats not really my area of expertise. Perhaps you can google it?

4. Yes. Top 2 most important thing while vapping(equally important)-1.Quality Of Vape Used 2.Quality of weed used. If one of these suck, your high will most likely suck.

5. Vapes really bring out the quality of weed. You're gonna want the highest you can get.

6. Currently a iolite, but I should receive a herbalaire soon.
    I bought a few "mid-grade" and didn't notice alot of difference between that and higher grade/expensive weed. Considering my inexperience I didn't know if it was me..

7. Imo, quality weed is better in a Vape. You're using medically and I would think mids just don't have the good medicine in them.

8. Maybe its a matter of strain type, genome or "medical application"?
    I chose the strain that was said to help in pain releif, migranes more so than the others.

9. Quality weed always matters. Bongs and vaporizers don't get you high, weed does. I think the only exception is edibles. I believe the edibles sold at the dispensaries are made of shake.

10. Well in MY opinion I have a SSV and I usually get the lows/mids at clubs.

I still get high and its pretty comprable to vaping good stuff.
    But most vapes use convection heating so it may matter more when using that vape.

To me, I vape everything since its all good to me.

11. Yes, quality weed matters in a vape just as it would in a dry piece.

To give you some reference temps, cannabis combusts at 446 degrees F, and major toxins begin to be released at 392 degrees F. THC-9 vaporizes at 315 degrees F, and THC-8 vaporizes at 350 degrees F. CBD vaporizes between 320 and 350 degrees F, and CBN vaporizes at 365 degrees F. CBD and CBN give the pain relieving and sedative effects that are best for medical use.

Your ideal temperature to vaporize and get all of the healthy and cerebral effects of the herb would be 365-370 degrees F. If you have a vape where this temperature can be set exactly that's great, otherwise as you learn technique you'll figure out where this 'sweet spot' is.

You *can* get the couchlock/body high from a vaporizer, if you're using it correctly.