Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Does putting your weed through a grinder make it lose potency?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by DutchX5, Dec 31, 2011.

1. 3 piece grinder obviously, with a kief catcher.

I mean you're technically just shaking some of the crystals off the buds for future use, so it seems like it would make your weed less dank.

You know?

2. Just a little, minimum.

I heard the kief gets burned pretty fast so it doesnt get you high if you smoke it in the bud (im not making sense, kinda high)

Anyway, the THC you lose is minimum, cant feel it.

3. Not enough to really count.

4. as long as you have a kief catcher, no

can't have a grinder without one, or you're doing it wrong. nothing beats unscrewing that bottom part and a huge glistening pile of kiefies ready to be packed into the hardest-ripping bowl you've ever smoked

5. Well yeah, but where does the kief in your catcher come from? it comes off the bud. Therefore, the bud that you smoke from the grinder is less potent.

6. technically yes, but not enough for you to notice.

7. You can't really notice just a tiny bit of crystal falling off your bud

Try smoking the kief you get from just 1 grinder load, unless you have a super low tolerance i doubt you'll feel anything, same if it was still on the bud, know what i mean?

but over time, all those grinder loads turn into a big pile of something you CAN actually use. Sure you could leave it on your buds, and just say you got all out of them, and you did, more power to you.

8. Yes, it is losing some potency. However, I have not found it noticeable. And the reward of hash is worth it to me. :D

9. I still get shot into space with just a hit from my vapor genie, so the minimal sacrifice to my keif collection doesn't phase me.

10. You get 100 pennies a day to spend.
    Instead of spending 100c a day on 50 candies, you spend 90 on 45.
    And you have your self 10c saved.
    Over time this grows...
    Do you spend less? YES

Is the net loss of 10% noticeable in the grand scheme of your candy eating for the day?
    not really, but it is there.

11. But if you take that 10% and collect it through the pollen catcher...you'll be in for a treat months down the road, on a rainy day.

12. Some dealers advise me to use a grinder cause the kief you lose from that is the same kief you would lose by breaking it up with your fingers since it sticks to oily skin

13. I just use a kief catcherless grinder, and tap out the kief into the pile of bud to roll up... And then use a sifting box to extract kief from my bag bottoms.

However it is very true, collecting kief and having a pile to smoke can be very nice.

14. fuck this noise.

the general consensus is that there is a potency loss, but it isn't really noticed. Conservation of matter says that the lost potency (kief) goes somewhere, which is into your kief catch and eventually on top of a bowl for some sifted hash loving. it all works out in the end