Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Does PTSD qualify in Maine?

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by blothatdro, Sep 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I just turned 18, and i was hoping to get a medi-card for my PTSD. Could anyone tell me if it qualifies in Maine? If not, maybe someone could tell me how to go about petitioning to have it added?

2. Have you at least checked the stickies?

3. I have, and I know Maine has a program for "debilitating and/or chronic" diseases. The problem is that I'm not sure what constitutes debilitating or chronic. I have what they call "night terrors and sleep phobia", which has prevented me from getting more than about 3 hours sleep a night (without MJ) for about 3 years. I would consider it debilitating, but i don't know as the gov't would see it the same way.:(

4. Like many things, a lot is going to depend on how your doctor has documented your disorder. Its obviously chronic, because its lasted longer than six months, its debilitating if...well, lets look at exactly how maine defines it

http://www.mainepatientsrights.org/Becoming_a_Patient.pdf

Now, if you have a smart neurologist, there is a lot of justification for dxing severe PTSD as a form of epilepsy-esp. if you've had any sleep studies or EEGs that show abnormalities

Wiley InterScience :: Session Cookies
    Cortical hyperexcitability in post-traumatic stress disorder secondary to minor accidental head trauma: a neurophysiologic study

The boundries between PTSD and epilepsy are quite blured in many cases. You need to determine where your situation currently falls. You doc is going to have to recommend you at any rate.

5. Definitely get a dialogue with your doctor going.

Good luck man, remember to vote this year too, we're gonna have a nice MMJ initiative on the ballot.

6. thanks for the help everyone, I'll definitely speak to my doctor about it. I've been diagnosed, but haven't actually had any scans done so maybe I'll have some done and see how it goes. Card or no, I'm not gonna stop, I'd just like to avoid ridicule about my "medicine" from family and friends. As far as voting goes I don't see any better way to cast my first vote as a legal citizen. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.