Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Does potency matter?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by THC party, Sep 5, 2013.

1. So yesterday I was chilling with some friends, And I bring up the topic of hash and concentrates and some I've made recently. And we get into this HUGE argument about weather or not potency matters. He was saying hash/kief/oil is all wasteful and makes no difference. For example you could smoke 3grams of lets say Sour Diesel, And lets say its 20% THC. Or you could convert that over into some Hash and it comes out over to about 1.5g of hash. Witch would get you higher? the bud or hash. My friend says same thing and I most definitely disagree I feel like you get much higher with a more potent bowl. Also adding on to it he says for example smoking   1 gram 20% THC bud is the same high as smoking like 4grams 5% THC shake. Assuming the percentage is per gram. What do you guys think? Its my understanding that quicker more potent bowls will work much better overall. Or does it not matter...

2. I see his point however all that other crap that you have to smoke with your four grams of shit is literally that... SHIT. It give you a headache, hurts your lungs, and basically just waters that shit down. It's like sipping on some cognac vs drinking a twelve pack of keystone...

however your math in the first part is wrong.. if you were to process 3 grams of great buds into hash and got lucky with a 20% yield (like you said) it would actually yield .6 grams. which would IMO get you much more pleasantly stoned and more often than his four grams of shwag.

3. but you should come back at him with something like being a connoisseurs choice vs a redneck party. Be sure to mention terpene concentration and plant matter thats basically just smoking carbon and a bunch of other bull shit...

sorry for the double rant I just got some ridiculous super melt for $30/gram... Ill give him a dab of that and then kick his ass out of my bathroom... cuz that's where I smoke... in my bathroom.... I live in apartments...

yeah I do realize that I was just using that as an example. But yeah I did say that it gets rid of most the plant matter you dont really need, But thats not really the point it just comes down to will I get higher with 1 Dab or like Idk 2 bowls? that would both equal out to the same THC content.

5. Just smoke dank and your problems start to fade away.