Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Does pot help anxiety?

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by dude3434, Mar 8, 2011.

1. Does anyone who suffer from anxiety find that pot helps them?

2. Indicas more than sativas (if you don't know what that means, look it up :D )- it depends on the person too - as in how anxious one gets. I get mild social axiety sometimes and marijuana soothes it brillianty, but the wrong strain can intensify it if you are inexperienced so be careful :p

3. It all depends on the user and strain. For me if im with my boys just chillin or by myself unwinding then yeah but if im in a bad situation or have to talk to hella people that i dont know i can get a little self conscience.

4. thanks! I always had very bad anxiety, nervousness, hands always shook. I had to drop out my last year of high school. I started smoking pot for a few years and it made my life 5000x better. I had an amazing social life, i was fearless, did what i wanted, and it made me very focused and interested in life. I dont know what kind of strains i been getting but you know mostly whatever comes around since i live in Florida (not a pot state) For the past few months weeds been making me feel kinda down and just lazy and uninterested in life...dono if its the bad strain i been smoking. I quit smoking pot and its been more than a month and all i can say is im back to my old self. I been been seeing therapists and been prescribed an anti-depressant. I been on it for a few days and it takes about a few weeks for me to really start feeling anything.

5. This....

6. As a rule, yes. :smoke:

There is a big old section on "Anxiolytic Effects" (anxiety removing)- just click that first link in my sig and get the scientific low-down on getting rid of that anxiety!

Granny :wave:

7. it matters on the strain and how much of it you have.

too much of just about any strain can induce a panic attack. also if you're a new smoker you can have panic attacks every now and then even if you have had prior experience with a certain strain and it never gave you anxiety before because things like, state of mind, toking location, etc. all play a factor on how anxious or relaxed you are.

obviously smoking late night on the highway with a cop behind you will induce anxiety but smoking at home alone in your room generally wont induce anxiety.

strawberry cough, laughing buddah, smile are all strains known for their uppy effect that can either make you laugh or melt away anxiety (strawberry cough is possibly the most popular anti-anxiety strain there is in my opinion)

8. CBD has been proving a far better anxiolytic than any other strain i've ever seen tried.

So if you can find strains with CBD content, get them.

9. Ya definitely strains high in cbd, I always make sure my dispensary carry specific strains for me considering I keep em in business:smoke:.
    It also is in my experience is best to vape a little throughout the day...not enough to get you high just a mellow buzz, works good if you have a portable vape

10. forsure and it is a whole lot better for you than pills!pills rott you from the inside out.really think pills are a way the goverment uses to controll populaiton .butt i have been known to think before!

11. Granny's links will point you to the science of it, but in my personal experience it helps me.