does pot decrease stamina?

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by smokedout, Jul 15, 2002.

1. I was just curious, like always, will smoking pot have the same affect on athletic performance as smoking cigs? I went to soccer practice for the first time today, and I was about to die. I don't know if it was because I'm just plain outta shape or if it's all the bud I've been taking into my system. So, will someone fill me in?

2. it really depends on how much you smoke. if you're a daily smoker, and smoke A LOT of weed, then yeah... it will have some affect on your stamina (or at least it had an affect on mine). best advice i could give would to maybe smoke a little less while you get back into shape (make it a little easier for your body to ajust to the exercise), then once you've ajusted go back to whatever amount you smoked before.

good luck w/soccer

3. Sounds like a good idea to me!!

4. I think its a bad idea to smoke b4 any sporting activity.
    It takes away your drive to play, and I always end up real tired in about half da time It would normally take.

5. i used to play B hockey, which was a recreational league, so id go to practice with my friends (only 4 guys on the team who didnt smoke) ripped out of my mind and played some games stoned. now i play A hockey, which is travel, and again, most of the team tokes up. i refuse to smoke the same day as a game or practice (afterwards is another story though) but before playing away games me and my friends would all smoke a blunt the night before, and we'd get nicely rested up to play the next day, which is always nice. i dont tink pot did anything to my stamina, ive found myself playing better and skating harder since i started blazin. whoa i think this was my longest post ever

Grasscity Deals Near You