Does Peroxide mixed w/ water help?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by nt3grals, Mar 28, 2012.

1. I read somewhere the other day that said if you mix hydrogen peroxide w/ the water your going to water your plants with it will help bring oxygen to the roots, & can help ward off mould and other diseases. It said to mix 1 part "peroxide (5%)" & 5 parts "water". Then it says to test the pH, & adjust accordingly..... Has anyone else ever heard of doing this, & will it really help? Thanks in advance!

2. I would say no to that. Only use peroxide if your plants are having an issue with something like root rot. The best way to oxygenate the roots is with an airstone in your res.

3. It actually does work but I used 3% peroxide, I have a jug of 35% food grade and had to break it down. If you have a fungus gnat problem it will kill the larvae on contact and gave my plants a nice lil boost. If you have food grade and break it down to 3% you can use it as mouth wash also. Peroxide does ward off root rot also.

4. do not use it if you are growing in soil. H2o2 does help with some problems but just using it to use it will kill all the micro bacteria that is in your soil that your plant loves! i do not recommend using. unless you have to

5. [quote name='"MeanJoeGreene"']It actually does work but I used 3% peroxide, I have a jug of 35% food grade and had to break it down. If you have a fungus gnat problem it will kill the larvae on contact and gave my plants a nice lil boost. If you have food grade and break it down to 3% you can use it as mouth wash also. Peroxide does ward off root rot also.[/quote]

May I ask where you got 35% food grade peroxide?

6. Careful doing that.. I'd recommend not doing that. Peroxide kills ALL living cells. Not just the bad ones..

7. peroxide does add oxygen but perlite does too
    peroxide also kills algae which is very useful but it will kill good bacteria as well