Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Does pain relief get more potent with more hits at one time?

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by Mookie0608, Apr 18, 2019.

1. I have a question about medical marijuana I’m using for chronic pain. My doctor told me u only take a small hit time it 6-8 seconds is all your supposed to have and hold it for no more then 2 seconds or your just getting lack of oxygen not really more high. I have friends I met at dispensaries etc who swear weed strains I have used completely eliminate pain actually one lady who had shoulder surgery smokes a lot and swears it works better the the pills doctors gave her. I went for my revert today and doctor assured me again the point to medical marijuana is to be able to still safely drive and function and work not be so lazy and do nothing all day long.

My question is the more weed you vape or smoke at one time does the pain relief get better? There’s people who swear there get great pain relief and can pass out easily I’m a good indica. It works for me but it’s not that great all the time. When I use a vaporizer it’s always more in the head then body.

I just want this stuff to people able to work for me the way it does other people. It does a great job relaxing me calling me down and relieving anxiety and stress a lot better then pain, and I rarely feel the need to sleep. Deep relaxation yes but compared to propofol and other general anesthetics for sedation weed has never once been like that for me and the doctor told me a pure indica should be some where’s close to it not that strong but should glue you to a couch and be hard to fight off wanting to sleep.

• Like Like x 1
  2. You should try some edibles.
    A sativa edible during the day might give pain relief with less sleepiness.
    An indica edible might be able to keep you asleep all night.
    Edibles take longer to kick in, but work much longer than smoking.

I disagree with your doc about dose size.
    Sometimes you just need to knock yourself out with a big dose.
    Maybe he's trying to keep your tolerance down.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Edibles work better for pain for sure
    but take as big a hit as you can hold and hold it as long as you can
    Your doctor is wrong - flood your system it wont hurt you
    I use both

• Like Like x 2
  4. Agree.
    Exhaling anything visible is a waste.

• Like Like x 2
  5. And you will use less

• Like Like x 2