Does my plant look sad?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Smooks714, May 22, 2016.

1. It is 12 days old. In a 1 gallon pot. Idk if it is sad, this is my first seedling that I have been able to keep alive. No nutes, ph water and I'm using fox farms soil.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  2. The smaller the seedling or clone or plant period, the smaller container you need to start it out in. The first thing any plant does once introduced into soil is build a root system. The less space it has to root into, the quicker this process happens and the plant gets back to growing foliage and will pick up the rate of water consumption. Until it's root system is formed, the foliage just pretty much sits there and the plant uses no water. If you had started your seedling in a smaller container, it would be larger by now because it would've taken it a few days to root in and get back to growing. But because you started it in a 1 gallon container, it's going to take it longer to get it's self in this pot. Leave it alone. When it's done doing it's thing, you'll see it start to grow foliage and get stronger. But until then, it needs no water or anything else. Until the container it's in gets DRY...almost dead dry, you need to leave it alone. When it does dry out and it's time to water, give only pH'd water (6.3 to 6.7). No nutes. The soil you're using is excellent formulated MJ growing soil and has the things in it that your plants need. Nutes are simply plant food and the plant only needs to truly be fed after it's had a chance to use up what was in the soil to start with. We use excellent soil and because of the way we pot ours up slowly starting in small containers, we use very little nutes at all during veg, starting them usually a couple of weeks before I plan to start flower and then continuing them throughout the flower cycle. I stop 2 weeks before harvest and give plain water after that and I do not flush. I've found that because I use excellent soil, I require a lot less nutes throughout my grow than what the nute manufacturers would like me to use. LOL Good soil, good drainage, the best light you can put over them and pH'd water will carry you most of the way through veg if you'll just meet the plant's basic needs and pretty much just leave it alone otherwise. You don't repot one until you know it's root bound in the current container. This is usually about the time the plant gets larger than the pot it's in (wider and taller). Take the time to read up on the plant, the process of growing it in soil and peruse some journals of those who know what they're doing and growing similarly to you, to pick up all the info you can about the whole thing. It's a lot of info to take in and make sense of when you're first starting out if you have little to no experience with any of it. But the more you grow, the better you get at it and the more it makes sense. TWW

3. Thank you; i forgot to mention that i used a bit of tappin roots so the root system speedz up.
    These first photos are of clones i got at a lab: the taller thinner looking one is northern lights and the bushier one is the platinum gsc. I got them in a 2x4x7 grow tent. Under an 400w apollo horticulture l.e.d. light. This is their 4th week. 5th week this coming wednesday. I have them in ten gallon buckets because their root system was growing out of control. I transplanted them yesterday.

I had some seedlings like the one that i origginally posted up above but they died. I bought the clones because i couldnt wait for the seedlings lol

Attached Files:

4. This is my first grow so im excited lol

5. Fox Farm Ocean Forest is my favorite tho hot I like to add 30% perlite and it rocks

sad plants are either over watered or under vented ..consider

good luck

• Like Like x 1