Does my guy friend like me?

Discussion in 'Sex, Love & Relationships' started by CaptainCupcake, Aug 4, 2011.

1. If this cat has feelings for you, and you're committed elsewhere.

Why would he wanna hang around you often and be reminded of what he can't have.

That shit is for a dude's mental well being.

2. How can you say you're in a committed relationship while having such strong feelings for another dude? Also saying you want to fuck his brains out? WTF?

...Seriously wtf?

3. He definitely has feelings for you. I recently told my best girl friend that we can't communicate for a while, because I had feelings for her. I posted a thread on it already. Anyways, this guy pulled the same move I did, so I can relate. I can swear she feels the same for me, but don't understand why she hasn't admitted it, after I did.

Maybe you can help me. After telling this girl I liked her, and couldn't hang out with her for a while because of it, all she said was, it's ok, why must things get complicated, she doesn't want things to get weird. What does it mean?

4. Yea I've done the same thing. It's torture conversing with a chick that you like, knowing it isn't a possibility.

5. #25 CaptainCupcake, Aug 5, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 5, 2011
    Hey, what can I say. I'm human and even though I am head over heels for someone else, yes, I admit it...holy shit I'm attracted to other people! Just because I commit to fucking one person doesn't mean my sexual switch is turned completely off, but it doesn't mean I go around fucking everyone I am attracted to.

He and I have a vast understanding of who we are and our relationship, and we communicate.

I can actually admit to my flaws as a human, no big deal, dude. I may have lust for others but I don't make it obvious to them whatsoever, ya dig? No strong romantic feelings for my guy friend, only lust. The love I spoke of before was strictly platonic love, like best friends.

It means that she doesn't want to give in to her attraction to you perhaps because she doesn't want the risk of losing you as a friend if something were to go wrong as a result of dating you. Maybe she feels that she loves you so much she just can't lose you at all. That's my outlook. Hope that helps? (I've been in that situation.)

6. I guess it's just kind of messed up in my eyes. I personally wouldn't be able to date a chick that thought about screwing other dudes she saw... And proceeded to drink with them as well lol.

But don't get me wrong, it's not a double standard or anything. In my past relationships, I just sort of lose attraction to everyone except that one person for no matter the length of the relationship. I think a lot of it has to do with my beliefs though.

7. ...Then you might as well not date anyone :laughing:

8. Not exactly. Just because you don't have self control doesn't mean other people don't as well. I've met plenty of respectable women and couples.

9. ?!
    Just... stop talking, dude.

You're saying you've never even LOOKED at another girl?
    Doesn't add up, man.
    We're all human here, right?

10. Your naughty.

And dirty

11. She also seems to be bothered by the fact that he is busy and has a life going for himself, and finds the time to come online with concern over it. Doesn't sound very committed to me, all this free time trying to hang out and or complain about another man.

12. I feel bad for your guy friend, must be tough for him. I'm sure he wants to hang with you and stuff but it prolly tears him up inside so he's decided to keep his distance.

If he's a gc member we'll prolly see another thread about falling for his best friend who is a chick lol

Best thing for you is to respect his distance. Yeah it's kinda j fair for you cuz you technically didn't do anything wrong(taking your word you didn't lead him on).

He'll prolly end up getting over you and finding another chick and maybe then he'll want to hang out again

13. During said relationships, if I did by chance turn the corner and there stands a chick with an extremely revealing rack or a big tight ass, I would immediately divert my attention elsewhere, and not think about it.

I feel as if I'm already cheating on the person just by checking someone else out.
    It says in the bible - " but I tell you that everyone who gazes at a woman to lust after her has committed adultery with her already in his heart."

Call me whatever bible worshiping name you would like, but I actually have respect for the women I make a commitment with.

14. He sounds like Larry David

15. Golly people blew this out of proportion. We all have lust and sure it's sin at least the op isn't fucking her guy friend while dating another guy.

She just admits her attraction, nothing wrong with that.

16. She said she would of already fucked his brains out if she wasn't already in a relationship. All I did was question the the "commitment" part.

17. #37 CaptainCupcake, Aug 6, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 6, 2011
    Okay so earlier I wrote a huge long response to this.

After smoking a fatty I decided to just let this be.

Everyone has their own opinions, whatever... and I guess because of our personal experiences and beliefs we form different expectations in significant parts of our lives, such as relationships.

Thus, not all views of what a relationship should or should not entail are going to be the same.

I am going to admit here and now that I am not anyone to be judging anyone else, I make mistakes.

I just wanted advice because I really care about my guy friend. And now that I feel I have gotten a very sufficient amount of advice from a lot here on GC, (I feel it necessary to hear other perspectives to truly learn and grow as an individual)... I'm going to just leave him alone.

I didn't know how much it might have been messing with him, but now I do.

*shrugs*

And now, I'm off to smoke some more. :smoke:

PEACE. :)

18. I feel bad too, now.

I will definitely respect his distance now that all these responses have helped open my eyes to what he might be going through. :)

19. i think you like him, or else you would have never made that comment about fucking him. you could have kept it to yourself and closed that door right then and there. but you wanted to let it be known, so we can pull it out of you. your blocking out your feelings because you dont feel comfortable just up and leaving than going to somebody else.

maybe you said you would never be that girl? but you can only follow your heart.

thats just how i see it

20. #40 JuicyGoose, Aug 6, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 6, 2011
    Why do you care? You are with someone.

From what I read he likes you, but he doesn't want to get too close. Be blatant, you want to be friends but if he can't handle that then you're willing to make it easier by backing off and giving him the chance to find someone else.

If you haven't led him on there is nothing to feel guilty about if you have to put the friendship on hold. He's a big boy, but still young... He is more than capable to heal himself and find someone more attainable.

Good luck.

I have a sneaking suspicion that you use the words "if I were single" in a convo with him which led him to believe your relationship wasn't as strong as he thought. I mean, I am pretty much fucking around when i say I'd do a guy, I never would. I am with the person I want to be with and don't ever want anyone else. Since we've gotten together I haven't really had a serious thought involving another dude being inside me. I might joke about it, but that's all it is.