Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Does my dealer have crap weed?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by NYCbrownies, May 6, 2012.

1. So pretty much I've been buying from the same guy in NJ for about 6 months...either a 1/4 or a 1/2 oz a month. Problem is recently, I've gotten some stuff that doesn't look too good. I am not a weed guru and since I've only been on it for around 6 months, I don't know too much about it.

In the past when I bought he would tell me the strain, let me know what he he had and i'd pick. He's had some G12 and purple haze, but now whenever I ask he doesn't give me a strain at all. I even asked him last time, what's this? He responded with, it's no-name, but its dense and really good. I was considering buying again the other day so I messaged him to see what he had and he responded "what i have is good".

What he has is usually really dense, pretty dry, green, and little amount of red or yellow hairs.

My point is, I am not sure if all weed has a strain name or what, that's why I asking here...If he is getting some no-name stuff with my description, what's the chances its highs or at least some good mids?

2. Pictures man. Can't help with out them.

3. Trust me, those strain names were bullshit. He simply buys whatever the dude who buys from the real grower gives him, he has no idea what the name is. He tells you what he is told, disregard the name entirely.

Does it have a lot of crystals? Does it smell strongly? Is it a shade of green or a shade of yellow or brown?

Lastly, ALL OF THE FUCKING NAMES ARE FAKE IT HAS ALWAYS BEEN NO NAME WEED IF YOU DIDN'T HEAR ME THE FIRST TIME.

Have a nice day! And if you're not sure how good it is, buy 1 gram and test it out... then if it's good, buy more?

4. No pics now since I am actually considering not buying from him and finding someone else...I know you can't tell me exactly without them, but based on your experiences with dealers and stuff. Usually is the highs some sort of strain or have you gotten some pretty good quality stuff that the dealer tells you is no-name?

5. Unless you purchase your marijuana directly from the grower, or a medical marijuana dispensary, it is no-name dank.

All of it.

6. See this was basically my question...not saying it has to have a strain name, but if names are known to be fake pretty much than it may not be a concern. I haven't bought from anyone else before so I don't know how other dealers sell.

7. Dude, all of my trusted friends who deal to me straight up tell me "Listen, I don't know the strain name. It's potent and it is better than the stuff last time."

The crazy asses who act like they've got the best weed in town usually tell me "hey I got some superman!" or some other ridiculous name.

I told you how you can tell if it's potent, smell, crystals, etc... it doesn't matter what the name is.

You can grow Sour Diesel that has 5% THC, and no-name weed that has 20% THC. It all depends how it was grown!

8. i have a dealer that also sells "no-name", he just calls it fire. It is always excellent quality and I get BLAZED off of a little bit, so its dank for sure. He never says any strain names, which is fine with me. The weed I get is always covered in trichs and has a lot of red hair. If you say your weed is "just" green with barely any red hairs, make sure u are not paying over street-price for that.

9. Problem is sometimes it differs. Not sure if he is getting it from more than 1 supplier but sometimes it's greener with crystals and others it's green, but just not as green.

But I mean, he is reliable, I was just unsure if all the sudden he started getting crap. If most dealers have no-name like you guys are saying, then I don't think it's a problem. I have to drive pretty far to buy so I just didn't wanting to be wasting all this time and money to drive out of town to get some crap.

10. Its unlikely he started getting and selling crap, as that'll hurt his business. It's always possible he's not getting stuff as good as before, but you should be able to tell that by the quality of the smoke.

The "really good stuff" always has lots of crystals, has a good strong potent smell (remember...different strains can smell pretty different from one another) and gets you blasted. As long as that's happening reliably with the guy, I'd stick with him.

11. The thing with my dealer is sometimes he gets legit strains from a grower, but when he doesnt i just ask him if its good. He smokes alot more then I do so I trust him. Its always potent, sometimes dry but thats the worst it gets

12. Pictures are what we need. But what you want in weed is usually light green with lots of shininess when held in the light. Those are trichomes, they have the thc in em

13. Names don't mean shit how ya feel after is what it's all about

14. Most of it, yes. All of it, no.

I have someone in Dade County (one person I know. All the other ppl definitely have no name). She's got 4-6 diff kinds at a time. Some are no name, some local, and some are from Cali and some have names. I believe her bc it nearly always behaves as it should (indica vs sativa).

Idk why OP thinks we could help without pics.

15. usually means, it's not that great but they still want to make the sell so they don't tell you the Full truth of how not so great it is

Sounds like some beasters/pretendica with little to no high? Or at least a very subtle high compared to the quality he used to get?

Chances are it's just straight up no name pretendica, coming from a lower level, cheaper source that he's getting real cheap and flippin for same price he used to to make bank. Sounds like a shitty dealer, but if his stuff is on point then at least he's not full on jacking you.

16. Went back and got a 1/2 oz from him today. This stuff is a lot better than the last time I bought. Very bright green, red, and orange hairs...biggest difference is that it just looks so much more healthier and green. I think he sometimes doesn't get the best quality and other times it's good.

One thing I struggle with is looking for crystals...not exactly sure what a lot of crystals looks like compared to a little.

17. Color of the weed/hairs/etc will change from strain to strain. While you can depend on the right color to a point - it shouldn't be a deciding factor.

As for the crystals...here's a pic of a little popcorn nug with a ton of crystals on it: [​IMG]

If you see lots of those... :D :D :D

18. That picture is blurry...

19. smoke some herb and chill out dude

20. you can very clearly see the crystals towards the top of the nug..