Does moving plants around cause stress?

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by jmy137900, Aug 22, 2016.

1. Hello everyone.
    Apologies if this thread is in the wrong category.
    I'd just like to know if frequently moving plants around causes stress.
    I've been taking in my clones every night to extend the photoperiod and prevent them from flowering too soon. But they're growing quite slowly and I'm not sure why.
    Any help is appreciated.

2. Shouldnt affect anything as long as theyre staying in the pot. I move my plants over to the sink to water them, done it for years with no problems. They're probably growing alowly since they're still young clones. Do you know how many weeks old they are?

3. i agree so long as the medium and the roots all stay nice and togather u can move plants at any time of its life, but just careful when they put on buds not to touch it to the light :)

• Like Like x 1
  4. Clones are about 3 weeks old. Been going slowly ever since I cut them. Of course, I made some other mistakes like mess with the photo-period and take cuttings from a mother that might've already been in flowering.

5. Clones that young will definitely grow slowly, especually if the mom was in flower when you took the cuts. Should see more growth soon.

6. @jmy137900
    Takes about 3 weeks for a cut clone to root and until then they are not going to put on much if any top side growth until they have a root system to support it..
    I keep mine under 24-0 until they root week then transplant to soil..
    Cloner on the left is a must have here as it's to dry to get clones without a dome..
    [​IMG]

BNW

• Like Like x 1
  7. Thanks for the help guys. I would like to keep growing the clones but they're getting too big to keep hidden any longer, so I think I'm going to just put them out in the forest and see how they do.

8. My God. I drag my plants all over the place for all sorts of reasons. Especially when I water , always out of the room so there's no mold able to grow . You could live in a car with the plants like trailer park boys as long as you're not pulling the roots up out of the containers. And actualy bringing them outside is a great idea. I never hardened off my plants and they fried , sun bleached. But they grew right through it and are fine now.

9. I move my around all the time, usually from shade to sunny spots and then back again the next morning.

10. Moving any plant causes stress, but won't be bad.

I worked for a nursery in Los Angeles that had been in business for 100 years supplying plants for the wealthy and entertainment industry (all the plants you see in movies and shows), they did not want you moving plants unless absolutely necessary, it'll slow growth.

11. I've carried plants all over this property in 5 gallon buckets. The main thing was getting them absolute most light/sun possible while they're growing. Ended up with some super fine plants with awesome buds. Can't beat the sun as your light source. But you're really pushing it trying to grow outside this time of year and moving them in and out, unless you keep them lit properly to prevent going into flower, can be risky. The only negative I know about growing outside is I get sick of fighting off the pests. There never seems to be any shortage of those to attack your plants and moving them inside and out ups your chances of picking up bugs and pests, etc. So we've just kept everything pretty much inside other than every now and again these days if we're feeling froggy. We live in the middle of nowhere, so we could actually grow big outside if we chose, but it's just so much work to tend a bunch of plants during the summer around here. One or two is about all I can deal with and keep the indoor thing going too. But like I said, you can't beat the sun source because it's the lighting and quality and strength of it that determines what kind of plant you come out with in the end and the quality and density of the buds. Good luck! TWW

12. If you're going to do this then make sure that you plant them in a quality soil and not just directly into your forests native soil.

Dig a he and fill it with good soil or use a pot but use good soil one way or another.

J

13. Do you think they will bud? It's already the end of August in Portland OR but the clones are less than a foot tall.

14. Grow Weed Easy - Learn How to Grow Cannabis

15. Ricky grows dank buds even the raccoons want some.

To the point, I moved my outdoor plants (in pots) that were in the final stages of flowering into a sunnier spot and the plant really took off.. could just be correlation to the final stages though.

• Like Like x 1
  16. A
    Um picking up a potted container and moving it ? You mean transplant right right because , moving potted plants doesn't stress anything as long as your carefull

17. I move these around all the time. They're in my garage right now because of the hurricane. They havnt stressed at all. 20160904_175149.jpg 20160904_202437.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  18. Most of not all plants grow a certain direction, towards the light. If moved, it must reset it's direction to the light, slowing it's growth.
    Move it if you must, but the less the better.

19. Honestly brother I never even considered that. Your right though. But I don't think it makes that much of a difference any more than wind blowing on em. I've always moved my plants around my indoor room because the goldilocks zone is right in the middle where my 2 600s meet. I was constantly spinning them.

20. I think the differences are so small you'd probably never noticed.
    Just something the owner of that nursery wanted. He's the hippy type, so it makes sense.

• Like Like x 1