Does molasses mess your up ph?

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by smokey_mc_pot, Jul 26, 2010.

1. whats up. i got some plants going again and they were doing wonderful i gave them some fox farms big bloom and tiger bloom and they loved it, then a couple days ago i gave them just a plain watering with some molasses to try and beef them up a little and it seems the new growth on my plants is a lot lighter than it was before, it was a very nice dark green. Do you think the molasses water was to acidic for them? please help i want to try and get as much as possible from these plants. here are some pictures:

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      159.8 KB
      Views:
    • 2.jpg
      2.jpg
      File size:
      188.2 KB
      Views:
    • 3.jpg
      3.jpg
      File size:
      123.9 KB
      Views:
    • 4.jpg
      4.jpg
      File size:
      279.2 KB
      Views:
    • 5.jpg
      5.jpg
      File size:
      138.5 KB
      Views:
    • 6.jpg
      6.jpg
      File size:
      128.8 KB
      Views:
  2. I've never had a problem with molasses & ph, but you can check your runoff ph, if it's not 6.5-7.0 then it may be your problem.

How much are you feeding and how often?

3. thats the problem i don't have a ph meter...
    i gave them 1 feeding of the fox farm i used i think 1/2 tsp in 40oz water of the tiger bloom, and i think 1 tsp of big bloom.
    so thats about 1.5 tsp per gallon and they recommend 2-3 for the tiger bloom.

judging from the pictures above though, does it look like i have a problem or am i just being paranoid?

i am going to give them some more tiger bloom and see if they like it.

4. I think you are being a little paranoid :) Hold off on the nutes though man, you jsut gave her a good feeding. I never go over 1.5tsp/gal, and once a week is plenty or feed every other watering. I'd lower it to 1 tsp TB + 1 tbsp BB for a bit and increase it in a few weeks. Tiger Bloom is hot and will burn if you use it too much.

Good luck man, she looks great :hello:

5. gotta get a ph meter.....better yet ph/ec....mollassas never affected my ph.....you can get a temp. liquid ph tester at pet shops and walmart...about 7 bucks...will put you in the ballpark.....get ph up and down too....plant looks good...good luck with the grow:wave: