Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Does MJ cause acne?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by piffcity09, Oct 23, 2009.

1. Hey all this is pretty embarrasing but fuck it. Since i've started smoking I have got a little bit of acne, i'm not sure if MJ was the cause of it but I am just wondering? It's probably coincidence but i'm just wondering :confused:

2. I dont think so, it might be the munchies thats causing acne though because you usually eat fatty/crappy foods that arnt really good for you.

3. only reason i've ever noticed zits because of smoking MJ is that i would eat crap foods mainly...

might be a good idea to learn the joys of having a nice long soaker-bath while blazed... (or a hot-tub if you have access to one.)

4. i think the smoke might cause mild acne also, similar to tobacco

if your a teenager, just get acutane or some shit, and if your older, then it shouldn't be a noticable issue

5. Everyone already said it. Depends on foor you eat.

Amazingly I get much less pimples now that I smoke. Guess the altered me is better for my body than sober me haha

6. The food you eat, along with if you're touching your face.
    You liekh ow things feel when you're high, so you might be touching your face without realizing it.

7. NO... and there is very little undisputed evidence that diet has an effect either.

8. smoking can contribute to acne. smoking anything isn't really that great for the skin. it also affects hormones, which is like the main cause of most acne, besides food.

9. Stop squeezin em, dont overwash or mass use the acne system shit all of em fail, just keep your hands and face clean and put a mixture of water and lemon juice to face after using a scrub to restore ph so you dont get more acne, most importantly get your excercise and sweat out all your impurities, suprisingly a good afternoon of playing ball or jogging can do wonders on your health appetite and is good for insomnia

10. So much misinformation.

Junk food does not cause acne. If you are getting acne, it's most likely your hormones, so you should just go to a dermatologist.

11. Exactly. :hello:

12. #12 JesusGreen, Oct 27, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 27, 2009
    Smoke can clog up your the pores which can then lead to spots, so technically it can cause acne. Typically though acne is caused by puberty and changes in hormones. Either way, wash your face with just water after each time you smoke, I remember a few years back when I had acne I tried so many different solutions to get rid of it, and if anything they all made it worse, but the moment I stopped using all the skin-care products and started washing my face with just water alone it all disappeared, funny that.

Edit: But yeah don't worry the smoking isn't likely to be the primary cause.

13. Unless it causes you to become so lazy that you don't shower then I doubt it's that much of a factor.

14. Wish this could be on mythbusters lol

15. I think it does. I also think if you wash your face frequently enough and take enough care of yourself though, it shouldn't cause a problem.

16. Have you changed your lifestyle any? Not taking as many showers? Rolling in dirt? Rubbing cheetoh cheese on your face?

17. I've had this same problem for a while..i found that it doesnt cause acne but makes your previously clogged pores more inflamed..if you dont have acne then it wont happen but if you are in puberty and acne prone then it only makes it worse depending onthe person..when my face looks good and i smoke, it doesnt get much worse, but if it doesnt and i smoke then it looks twice as bad.

i found that smoking blunts is the worse thing for my face, vaporizing isnt as bad but recently i found that edibles dont effect it at all.

18. Nope havn't changed my lifestyle. Maybe I just need to exercise more and eat better. I'm trying out putting lemon juice on my face, apparently it can help.

19. Usually the sweat will clog your pores pretty bad. Don't use topical creams or anything like that. They usually don't work anyway. Just wash your face with sensitive skin soap and warm water to open your pores and clean them, then splash cold water on your face to close up your pores. That's how i've been doing it since i was 12 and i haven't had that bad of break outs(obviously if you're going through puberty you're going to break out one time or another.)

What's weird is that i stopped smoking sunday(T-Break/Have a DT) and i broke out today. I haven't had a break out since a month or so before i started smoking heavily. I'm not saying weed is the reason i just find it extremely odd.

20. boys boys boys acne is caused usually by HORMONE inbalances yes boys can get them as well its just society seems to blame everything on hormones when it comes to us ladies.

Now as far as mj and acne i have noticed with my skin that mj caused my skin to be oiler and i did have little break outs but that was more likely bc around that time i was getting my bc regimine right.

If you have a sit problem you may have to tackle it like a girl. Get a mask,Face scrub and a facial steamer(ask ur g/f or sister what one is lol). Anywho just seriously get a mud mask. Youll look crazy for 30 mins but it will dry them suckers right up. Another thing witch hazel it works wonders.

Hope i helped