Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Does marijuana speed up your metabolism?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Kriz, Feb 10, 2012.

1. I was viewing a forum last night and seen someone post that marijuana speeds up your metabolism. Is this true? I would figured it would since you get the munchies lol

2. Sativa strains might do but I think it slows down when an indica strain glues you to the sofa :bongin:

3. if this is true i will never smoke. Fat power! lol ill never be skinny maybe weed shall help.

4. I poo alot after a good day of seshing, so yes, yes it does.

5. No that's a myth. It does not.

6. Well you say it's a myth, but your heart rate does increase first, and then slow down, so possibly, but not a lot.

7. yeah im pretty sure it does, the 'physical' signs of marijuana use suggest it.

8. Yes it does, at least I know I've lost over 60 pounds and the only difference in my life is weed. I don't exercise more than I used to and I don't eat healthier, so how'd I lose all that weight?

9. i used to be pretty cut, i weighed about 175

then i stopped working out and put on some fat

and i weighed 162.

Maybe you just lost muscle mass, like i did

10. yeah for the amount of munching out you do when your high...
    and I haven't met too many fat stoners