Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Does marijuana lower your immune system?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by norajones, Aug 31, 2009.

1. I used to smoke quite a bit and recently had an abnormal pap that my doctor says is low risk and not as serious as it can get. Like with high risk abnormal cells.

Just wondering, if I smoke a bowl or two once a month, is that going to make my immune system weaker? I've looked this up many times trying to find the answer and haven't gotten a solid response.

I've read that it does and doesn't weaken your immune system. Id think it only would if I smoked every day or significant amounts of weed. I know drs say it does...but is that just the gov and authority trying to get us to stop because they don't approve of such a mind stimulant...?

Anyone know if it'd be okay to smoke and still keep a healthy immune system?
    I also take immune system vitamins to help keep it up.

2. No.

But cigarettes do.

3. I think you'll be fine. Especially if you're only doing it a couple times a month.

4. Okay then :]

Thankyou!

5. smoke a bowl once or twice a month? youll be fine smoking a bowl once or twice a week, the only way it really effects your immune system is if your already sick itll take longer to stop being sick if you smoke while your sick or if you smoke non stop all day everyday :p , you should be fine :smoke:

6. You should be iiight OP
    you say you smoke a bowl or 2 once a month..dont think thats the prob

Iget 2 to 3 grams every couple of weeks,i seem pretty healthy

I dunno may be tobacco or something:confused:

7. nah the only way you can possibly have any side effects from weed is if you smoke it constantly all day err' day.

8. Thanks so much guys, I've been so paranoid about smoking EVEN A BOWL!

My piece has been so lonely lately.

Oh yea n I don't smoke cancer sticks..so no worries on that one.

9. yeah dude smoking an occasional bowl will have no effect. I reckon even smoking every day has minimal effects on your immune system though.

10. I smoke nearly every day and have a champion immune system. I honestly can't remember the last time I was sick.

11. Smoked every day several times a day for a year. Haven't gotten ill since I started smoking other than a minimal flu. No bs.

12. I dont think it does but the act of breathing in any smoke when your sick wont make it better really. I smoke everyday of the week RARELY get sick maybe once a year.

13. Thats how we represent here tho:cool:

14. umm.. i was just looking for some info on MJ and the immue system and came across this cometent. I honestly believe you too. im high and found this hilaroius

15. Smoking, in general, is not good for your lungs. It weakens them, making them more susceptible when you get a cold. But if you're only smoking a couple times a month, you're fine.

16. hell i smoke weed every day and im never sick some headcolds but thay last for like 2 days

17. Yeah, it actually does. if you smoke a good amount, everyday for awhile it will definitely have an impact. I had a buddy who smoked for years straight, was always sick when I saw him. I've been smoking nearly everyday for about 3 months, probably .2-.3 a day. Haven't been sick at all though. Definitely depends on the person's immune system though.

18. Knock on wood dude.

19. I smoke every day atleast twice a day. my immune system is fine.

20. smoke only messes with your lungs by killing the cillia and maybe some other nasty shit.

if you vape or eat edibles or get THC in your body some other way....then theres no harm done.