Does Marijuana help beginners with astral projection?

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by SmokeUpSam, Jul 18, 2013.

1. So what I am wondering is if being stoned can make it easier to go into astral projection?

2. Honestly I think this is a really good question, but im not sure myself. you'd kind of think so right?

3. I think it might as long as you don't get super high; just enough to get you into a more meditative state. However, it could easily become a crutch so its a much better option to just do it sober.

4. just put your cape on and go for it...who needs drugs...

5. I like cballs attitude.

6. I'm quite certain yes...weed can be extremely helpful in feeling your inner energies, which can in turn help you astral project.

Though my only experience astral projecting was from some state like sleep paralysis.

7. Don't get bugged, but like a relaxing high like the other user said.
    My friend, who's a monk, said that getting super high actually decreases your chance of entering astral projection. 

8. from my experience, weed actually makes it apparent the fear that exists in you that prevents you from entering an astral projection...

when you surrender to that fear you also surrender yourself to the journey of the astral travel

allowing whatever comes up to come up with full acceptance

9. Smoke astro kush.

10. There are a lot of good points here, but here's my take: It depends on the day, your mental state, and your herb.

In general, cannabis will make you hyper-sensitive to the energy around you and thus make it hard to project your consciousness. Your attention is simply consumed by the wonder of your immediate physical existence and the energy fields around you.

It is possible that a sensory-deprivation tank might change this.

I have never really pursued Astral Projection, so understand my comments as from a limited perspective on this form of magic.

11. I'm sure it varies from person to person, but I know for me it definitely helped. I had tried astral projection before but never quite got past the "whole body vibration" phase. I just wasn't able to... let myself go, you know? So I tried it again one night after smoking a joint. I knew it would be a bit harder to calm myself down since I tend to get a little paranoid, but I also knew that once I was able to calm myself down I'd stay calm and much more spiritually open. So I laid down, started meditatively breathing, got to the body vibration stage, and imagined a portal opening up above of my laying body.
    I concentrated very hard on imaging my astral-self pulling itself up into the portal by a rope. It was a very slow and steady process, but once I lifted my astral-self up enough, all of a sudden the portal just sucked me in completely, and I experienced a spinning/rushing sensation I'd never felt before in my life. I no longer felt my body and any grasp on time was lost. Suddenly it all slowed down and I found my consciousness in a very dark place... I could make out the vague outlines of what looked like columns, but the image was fuzzy and ambiguous, like when you wake up in the dark and your pupils are huge so you can see shapes but not detail.
    It scared me, and I decided to retreat. Suddenly I felt myself being rushed back to my body, like being sucked through a vacuum. My astral self was slammed back into my body and my eyes split open and I gasped for air. My heart was racing and I was a little disoriented, but other than that, I was fine. 

The whole concept of astral projection is very interesting to me, mostly because... well, I'm a huge skeptic! I don't usually believe in much of anything at all, so having this experience really opened my eyes to the possibilities of exploring human consciousness. Kind of scary though. Not sure if I want to play with it too much since I seem to know so little about what it is. (And I still use the term "play". :p )

12. Havent tried it with weed yet but i got pretty close sober. an weed is spiritual, ive heard of people accidently astral projecting because they were so high.

13. Lol I can see this as possible, but idk if i even believe astral projection is real

about what you said though, I was sitting around in an apt, cant remember if it was my own, but I was just lost in thought and all of a sudden I realized I had no idea where I was ( which apt I was in, or what city i was currently in ) , it took me about a good 3 - 5 minutes to figure it out , pretty sure i was just supablazed

14. astral projection is defintaltly real. And one of the important steps of astral projecting is knowing that it is real. Its like the peter pan Disney movie you can fly unless "you BELIEVE you can fly!" lmao

15. #15 -13 Amp-, Feb 14, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 14, 2014
    theres no evidence of this and other OBE's being anything other than lucid dreaming and it isn't from lack or want of testing...and word of mouth/anecdotal stories isn't evidence...

lucid dreaming is cool as hell

16. You don't think someone actually experiencing something is evidence of the experience, for that person?

When I did it, I was skeptical that it wasn't 'just' a lucid dream. But, I did something to test it. I noticed I could still feel my physical body laying in bed, despite being somewhere else in my 'astral body.' So, I tried to sit up in my physical body. And I did, instantly. You can't just decide to sit up in bed while in a dream, which serves as very strong evidence of it being real.

17. For that person it could be yeah, but it could still just be a misunderstood experinece, but as a whole peoples experiences are very poor evidence

I don't personally believe its real but I also haven't had the experience id call that, I've had very real lucid dreams but they were just that, lucid dreams...

18. I just don't understand why don't people just test it by placing an object in a different room from the one where the test subject is and asking to the subject to go to that room and tell the people what it was!?! That should make for enough proof, should'nt it?