Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Does marijuana damage your brain or any mental capacity ???

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Nick Schofield, Jan 11, 2012.

1. Post some links of proof that it does or does not, thanks.

2. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JBRSsH-ntn0]Does Marijuana Cause Dead Brain cells or Lung Cancer? - YouTube[/ame]

3. Actually yes, a documentary on the discovery channel a few months back talked about how use before the age of 16 causes diminished mental capacity.

Here is a link that briefly discusses it.

Early Marijuana Use, Later Brain Problems

4. Brains under 18, yes it's proven.

Brains over 18, yes but takes gargantuan amount of cannabis.

5. If you have a more developed brain (assuming you do) then only short term memory loss for a week or so if you smoke a ton of bud. If not then it'll subside in 2 days :D
    :bongin:

6. The best inventions are commonly invented while the inventor is high!
    Trust your fellow herb :)

7. While I don't have any links, everything can be found in rosenthals books.

8. Heavy use at an age where the brain is still developing cant be good for it. But im sure more Highschoolers under 16 cant afford to toke everyday. The link he provided showed kids who went through 14 grams a week, highly unlikely for yungins

9. I've actually been compared to Helen Keller's early stages.

10. I've seen studies where they found no decrease of mental functioning in long term smokers other than slight weaknesses in learning ability and memory

slight enough to where they were only mentioned as a footnote haha

11. [quote name='"woc"']Heavy use at an age where the brain is still developing cant be good for it. But im sure more Highschoolers under 16 cant afford to toke everyday. The link he provided showed kids who went through 14 grams a week, highly unlikely for yungins[/quote]

i smoked everyday when i was a freshmen in highschool. but no where near 14 grams a week.

12. i dont have any links but mature brains it makes the brain more "effective" and unmature brains it will kill brain cells because the brain is still working to mature and when ever they get high the brain sort of has to "deal with that"(cant think of a way to say that) and the ages above are wrong! there isnt really an age 16 is just the average age, your brain can be matured at 14-15 however your brain is never fully matures......

13. [quote name='"SEWONER"']

i smoked everyday when i was a freshmen in highschool. but no where near 14 grams a week.[/quote]

Same when i was a freshman i smoked a little over an eigth a week but smoked at least 2 times a day.

14. So someone who says "brain is never fully matures" is telling me that because I smoked during my teenage years, my brain is less developed? Haha..

15. yah bcuz iv ben smoaking sensce i wuz 12ve and mi brainz are fine i tihnk?

16. For children it causes problems, in adults it does NOT. There has been only 1 study ever that came to the conclusion the MJ kills brain cells and it was proven a lie. They suffocated monkeys with pot smoke to show it killed brain cells. They had a study come out in 2005 that said MJ can actually stimulate brain cells. You would have to smoke 20,000 joints in 15 minutes to get toxic levels of THC.

17. I think if you're under, like, 16, you should take it easy when it comes to MJ. I sure didn't smoke everyday back then. Still don't actually. But I did read in several places that MJ can stimulate brain cell production.

18. I remember reading somewhere that it's not even the THC that's toxic-all of the carbon monoxide in the smoke from those joints is what would finally kill you. :(