Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Does making edibles really stink up the house?

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by lameliiv, Aug 28, 2016.

1. I want to make edibles, so obviously i intend to decarb my stash and go at it. But the question is, does it really smell? Anyone got any sneaky tricks/tips?

Sent from my SM-G900P using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. Not really, just keep a window or two open and you'll be fine. I made my last batch in a really small community kitchen (I actually got walked in on and they didn't know, or I think they didn't) and it only smelled like butter/mild weed for less than an hour.

• Like Like x 1
  3. My wife banned me and all my stinky works to outside in a toaster oven on sawhorses in the back yard.. Legal here but no way does she want me decarbing or making oil or even baking simple brownies she says NO WAY not in my oven and my kitchen so take that bit of advice to keep a happy household..
    She'll let me cap the hot oil inside once it's done but even that she'll chase me out to the garage if she can..
    [​IMG]
    My trusty toaster oven I found at the curb and fixed it's little burnt out timer with a wire nut and it works just fine for cooking cannabis..:)
    BNW

• Like Like x 2
  4. That's awsome, omg well thanks for your advice

Sent from my SM-G900P using Grasscity Forum mobile app

5. Another thing you can do is place your cannabis inside a mason jar. The jar is made for canning and so will withstand heat and will contain odors. I think I really stink up the house when I decarb. Good luck and have fun!

• Like Like x 1
  6. Every time I make canna butter, it smells up my house.

Usually, I burn some popcorn or a tortilla on the stove afterwards to make the smell.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Decarb is the worst part. That is almost exactly what i used to do, when lived at parents house back in the day. Make a pizza or something really garlic'y after your done making the oil and you should be good.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  8. Crockpot and a mason jar will work wonders.

• Like Like x 1