Does LST slow growth?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by humbleboy, Feb 1, 2017.

1. I've been tying it down and tying it down to create an even canopy but I just feel like it's hard to grasp how much growth is actually happening and it just seems slower. Any advice?

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. By definition you'll go a bit more horizontal than usual so it may appear to be less. But by definition the "low" in LST should not slow or stunt like in other methods like super cropping.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

3. Lst will not slow plants down.

Those are pretty small plants to be tying and tying. Sounds like you're trying to do to much. Plants don't need messed with much. Constantly messing with them will slow things up. Growing isn't a race, it takes patience

• Like Like x 4
  4. Yes you should wait. Mine have way too tight of node formations so im going to probably have to wait until theyre about a foot tall before training begins. Just cant find a good place to tie

5. Yes maybe I started to early ...and should have let them grown naturally a bit before I started putting pressure on it and bending it many different ways.

6. #6 killset, Feb 1, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2017
    It's ok to start early, it's just those plants aren't big enough to need to have done it multiple times. Worst thing I ever did for my plants was thinking I need to be attending to them all the time. They're weeds, give them what they need, allow time between messing with them, stand back and they'll grow.

• Like Like x 1
  7. I figured out that LST is best when it's applied in graduation. Go easy early just to acclimate the plant to the handling. As you progress into the veg cycle then increase LST efforts as the plant's mass increases giving you more area to LST. I back off of LST for the last week of veg with a flush. The flush is enough stress. Week one and two of flower should be okay for a little more LST but beyond that should only be training the colas and trimming undergrowth.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

8. I think my LST slowed my plant for a couple days. After all, the S in LST tells us that it is being stressed. Just a little bit though. But after a few tie backs it felt like she got used to it as I started doing it every 2 days to control new growth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. You might just be expecting too much, too fast from them.

How old are the plants?

10. About 1 month....