Does LST really increase yeild?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by talos4, Mar 18, 2007.

1. ?? I use string...

2. Lst absolutly increases yeild..i dont care what you hear. It does work..indoors you need to get as many even tops as possible so you can get the light as low as possible more colas getting more light..its that simple..ive always left one or two unfucked with every grow and in the end i always wish i topped and lst those two ones i didnt..
    Sorry im bakes just realized i answered this...oops..

3. [quote name='"HerbnGrower"']lower parts of the plant when not using LST usually have 1/3-1/5 the THC and CBN content as the top, the middle is around 1/2-1/3, [/quote]
    I'm not doubting what you are saying, surely the lower buds have less thc, thats fairly common knowledge. But where are you getting those numbers from? Just curious. Or is that just a guesstimate?

4. So there is a direct correllation between how much sun a bud gets and its thc content?
    Or is it all having to do woth its place on a plant? Like the meristem produces more etc?
    I thought thc content had to do with genetics and how much thc makes up an individual trichome head..

5. [quote name='"Numbnutts"']
    So there is a direct correllation between how much sun a bud gets and its thc content?
    Or is it all having to do woth its place on a plant? Like the meristem produces more etc?
    I thought thc content had to do with genetics and how much thc makes up an individual trichome head..[/quote]

Genetics also plays a part, but that's not the only thing that determines thc content. If genetics were all that mattered, anyone could buy good seeds, grow in any condition, and it would always turn out great. Not the case.

6. Am I right in thing lst is more important when growing with cfls than say hps because of light penetration?

7. Yeah but you can grow mexican dirt in the best environment ever and its still mexican dirt..i havnt found any difference in strength the lower i go...maybe their smaller because of less light but weaker? I totally agree though that you can have space bomb seeds and still shit weed in the end..hell yeah..i just think if you grow out that same plant and the conditions are the same that buds from tjhe top will be the same strength as the bottom...but who knows.

8. Different spectrum of light never mind yes the peneration with a 600 hps is about three to three and a half feet.

9. I let one of my bitches go off the rope after 3 weeks and she sprang backsup instantly , mainstalk that is, any branches seem to stay where they are