Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Does lecithin really make a difference?

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by toddj_pa@msn.com, Sep 11, 2013.

1. I am about to make some canna oil and have read that lecithin makes the final product better. Is this true and if so how?

2. #2 Soxfantony773, Sep 11, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 11, 2013
    keep in mind my only source of information on the subject is this forum but from what ive read it makes the oil more digestible and is more likely to get you higher quicker as opposed to a drawn out small high. If you're *literally about* to make oil you can get away without it (the fact that youre making oil and not butter is good enough as long as its coconut)

heres a link to badkats thread which has some good info she knows what shes doing lol

http://forum.grasscity.com/incredible-edible-herb/742831-badkats-cannapharm-canna-caps-uv-reactive-glowing-hash-candy-canna-bombs-more.html

3. It's an emulsifier which allows certain substances to blend together more homogenously.  I normally use it, but I can't say I've noticed a dramatic difference when I don't add it in.

4. Look up a member called "badkittysmiles" and ask her. 

5. Thc is fat/oil soluble. GI Tract is water soluble.

The Soy is an emulsifier. It's got 2 diametrically opposed poles on each end of its string. 1 side binds to oils and the other binds to waters. It allows more full absorption and bioavailability.
    It's used a lot in the food industry to increase flavor (you absorb more oils in the food on your mouth adding more intense taste.)

6. I have done dozens of side by side tests of edibles with and without lecithin. In my opinion it makes a considerable difference every time, high comes on quicker and lasts longer. Its definitely worth using dude.