Does LeBron James Have A Chance To Be The Best Ever?

Discussion in 'All Sports' started by EarnedNotGiven6, Jun 26, 2012.

1. Does LeBron James Have A Chance To Be The Best Ever?

2. Yea If He Can Get Te Rings...

3. Saw this just today. haha

[​IMG][/IMG]

4. Doesn't even matter about stats anymore. You can have the craziest shit but if you don't get rings what's the point? I think lebron can pull the 4 peat.

Besides if we go by rings Bill russell is the best of all time

5. I disagree.

You can be the best, but if the rest of your team sucks, you ain't doing shittttt

6. Nope, not even close.

He might win a few rings, but he'll never reach the heights of Magic, MJ, Kareem, Wilt or Bill Russell. He's a great player, but ultimately he won't change the game the way the previously mentioned athletes did

7. Not that I disagree with your notion that James won't be on the same level legacy wise, but players should be judged by their production/consistency/accolades/etc... NOT by whether or not they have "changed the game." That's pretty dumb argument imo... but that's just me.

8. Hell no. He will be one of the best but he will never touch Jordan.

9. Potential top 5 all-time I'd say. We'll have to see how the rest of his career pans out though.

10. I stopped liking lebron after the decision. Gotta give him props for winning finally though. The 1st ones always the hardest, I think now that thats out of the way he wont have as much pressure to win. Which will help him get at least 2 more I think. I sure hope not lol im a bulls fan:/

11. Wont ever respect him again after watching him quit on his team against the celtics. I will never be a fan of a quitter. Talented, yes he is. Best of all time, most certaintly not.

12. If Lebron wins 3 more rings, I will say he tops MJ.

Lebron already is a better all-around player. Add the rings, and you've got the greatest to ever live.

I love MJ as much as the next guy, but c'mon guys, be realistic. There is so much more talent in the NBA now. So Lebron being the super-producer makes him better in the end.

13. I couldnt disagree more on the talent level being better now.

14. I don't know how you could disagree. There is a greater quantity of really good players now than there was back then.

Lebron, Durant, Rose, Kobe, Dirk, Westbrook, CP3, Carmelo, Dwight, Deron, Joe Johnson, Josh Smith, Rondo, D-Wade, Bosh, K-Love, Nash, KG, Duncan, Parker, Ginobli, Harden, Curry, Monta Ellis, B-Jennings, Kyrie, Kevin Martin, Gasol brothers, Andrew Bynum, even Ricky Rubio.

So many really good players nowadays, it's ridiculous. And this recent draft brings even more in.

15. Dwade and LBJ and my main boy cb4 running the league now lets gooo

16. but rose,marbrooks, melo, bosh, and howard teamed uppp damnnnnnn

17. Make this thread again if he wins 4-5 more rings... then we can talk.

For you to utter the name LeBron James in the same sentence as the greatest basketball player ever, MJ, its blasphemy.

18. Not really.
    Sure, if we're talking about strictly rings, you can't put them in the same sentence. But it's clear to me that Lebron is the whole package. Points, rebounds, assists, steals, blocks, and most all of the stuff that stats don't show.
    MJ could rebound and dish the ball, but nowhere near the same efficiency as Lebron.

MJ is still the G.O.A.T., but you are surely riding MJ's dick if you say the two can not be compared.

19. The stuff the stats dont show is hes a cry baby pre madonna. Biggest flopper in the NBA. Makes his living at the free throw line with his flopping crybaby antics. The stat lines dont show what a quitter he was in the playoffs in the boston series. He needed to stay in cleveland and win there if he ever wanted to be in the same sentence as jordan and thats the bottom line.

20. if he starts winning titles every year why not? He's got the best ability of any player in the history of the league , closest thing to a Wilt in this era