Does it sound to you weed helps my depression?

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health & Nutrition' started by FriedWheatGrass, May 18, 2019.

1. So I suffered real bad anxiety and depression when I was 18, I was in a toxic relationship, took SSRI’s, self harmed and thought about suicide.

Then I found weed. It was a slow process, but after daily smoking I felt more positivity in life, in that time I travelled to Africa, got a new job (with good opportunities) a car, and felt more at ease, I could perhaps put it down to using weed to combat negativity, ie using to self medicate as well as actively trying in life, whereas before I felt crippled to do anything due to my negative belief system, overthinking and not being able to switch off, if you will.

But you hear so many articles saying weed makes depression worse, in my experience it’s provided light when there wasn’t any, sure I can see how smoking first in the morning isn’t the best idea, but I mean having it there at night to unwind seems to have done me well. I can’t ask anywhere else because people automatically shut weed down (especially as it’s illegal in the UK) so they assume it’s just another bad recreational drug like coke etc, but to me it seems medicinal. Please share your own experience or views on this, I want your personal insight and opinion. Thanks

2. There are medical studies which show that MMJ is an effective treatment for PTSD and related disorders. Check Google Scholar.

Look for actual medical studies, albeit limited, they are out there.
    Internet articles are mostly bull shit.