Does it smell a lot?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by V3N0M, Nov 25, 2006.

1. Was just wondering I want to start growin my own plants, And was thinkin I know how it smells but does it smell even more as a plant growin? Since I live with people and I dont want them to know im growin because they smell it. Plus they never go to my room which is good so I can grow it in my closet.

2. Yeah it will smell...You will have to have some kind of oder control. I wouldnt grow it though if they arnt comfortable with you growing. It wouldnt be cool if you got caught and they got in trouble too! Keep that in mind!

3. You will find it very difficult to maintain stealth while growing in a closet with other people in the house. The key principles to odor control are 1) abundant air circulation and 2) cleansing the odor out of the air. The big problem with a closet grow is the difficulty of establishing good air circulation -- you almost certainly will have to cut holes somewhere to get fresh air in and exhaust air out. Therefore, you will find it very difficult to control odor.

4. there are strains out there that have little to almost no odor when growing. few and far between though. odor is a huge issue when growing indoors. if you're sharing a house and have any respect for these people at all, don't do it. it's no right. i just got a scrubber myself. it's not cheap to do it right. $220.00 for the filter, another $200.00 for the fan. this baby will suck the stink off of a turd though.

5. Ah ok, cant really make holes in my closet since is not my house. Hmm guess I have to find a diffrent Alternative... anyways Thanks for the replys! oh and just wondering if you dont mind me askin growbot do you know which Strains are less odorless? Thanks!

6. Northern Lights is among the lowest odor strains, generally good for indoor grow as well...but...different phenotypes of the strain can smell much more or less than others, so you can't answer the question generically about which strain has low odor.

7. ^^^what toasty said^^^ i know bog had a very low odor indica, but his beans are as hard to find as kryptonite.