Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Does it piss you off?

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by imstoned, Apr 12, 2010.

1. Well does it?... let me further explain... Even in this day and age where marijuana is being used by more and more people, hardly any one fully understands this beautiful plant. Doesn't it get old every time you smoke with some people and you try to explain to them how it grows or how to make hash etc. and they stare blankly back at you? It grinds my gears when I talk to stoners about growing and they insist that only hydro produces dank bud and soil is schwag.... and on the topic of hydro im tired of hearing Dank nugs being called dro. all this does is further the sterotype the hydro is the only way to go to get the dankest bud. I remember talking to one guy who explained that if he had a chance to grow he would do all hydro with some schwag plants in the corner and i stare blankly back at them asking my self how has the education system failed these people? (not the public school system or anything but the school of hard nox). Another thing that i have noticed as my time here on earth is the fact that so many people will be quick to condem you for partaking in the joyous act of smoking cannabis saying its "bad" or occanisoaly ill get a "god wouldnt want you to do that" but these same people will get blitzed everyother night off of wild turkey and vodka and tell me Weed is bad for me. but i digress... Maybe this is all a texas thing, just some common misconceptions in my area or is it? do you deal with pains like this? Are there any pet peves of your own in your location?

2. There are loads of people around here who insist that dro is the highest form of weed you can get. It's bullshit. I'd take some exotics over dro pretty much any day of the week. It's as though people just smoke to smoke, and not to enjoy the high. Kids these days are just looking to get fucked up. Some people will never learn I guess.

3. Yeah i totally agree, especially witht the "kids these days are just looking to get fucked up" comment. This infuriates me, they begin disrespecting more and more substances and ruin any chance for legalization through their immaturity. This is exactly why my state recently lost salvia to the politicians. This handful of ignorant individuals have ruined a good thing for many.

4. i have the same problems, you get dumbass kids talkin about dro, n i tell em u can have regs grown hydroponicly, dro means nothing, its all about the bud weather its from dirt or a system. I've smoked with people who act retarded, smoke in open obvious places, and disrupt people since they're high, thats wat is keeping weed illegal is dumbass people, if everyone could be smart about their use, we wouldnt be debating legality of weed still

5. absolutely! Yeah you can spot these kids a mile away, i always smoke with a generally well experienced group and everytime we get someone new like this we always run them into the ground and most time will run a gauntlet just to see how long they can last haha. Its great after realizing youre never going to smoke with this person again so you try and see how quickly you can get them stupidly blasted and watch them stumble all over themselves both mentally, physically, and verbally.

6. No, it doesn't really piss me off.

7. I don't really smoke with inexperienced smokers.

I've had a few, but they're usually really open to the things you have to say. It's fun to open their eyes.

We were all inexperienced once.

8. Seriously.... Take this one into consideration people.

I'm sure you were all pot-genius' right after your first pull, lol.

• Like Like x 1
  9. #9 soapman, Apr 12, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 12, 2010

I know exactly what you're talkin about. That's why I stopped talking to people about it, even some of the most experienced smokers don't give a crap how weed grows, they just want to get high. Well, that's why we have grasscity man so we can talk to people who totally get it. My friends couldn't grow weed let a lone even have the patience for it. One of my friends, asked me, "if I had to, would I chop a plant down at 6 weeks of flower and call it a day" I just told him to get out of my house.

Marijuana is a science, most people just don't care to take the time to understand it's functions.

10. Most of the people I smoke with know the difference between hydroponics and organics and prefer a good organic over a hydroponically grown bud any day. They're all pretty experienced and knowledgable about the plant itself, so smoking with them is always grand.

It's when I start talking about how poorly or how well manicured a bud is that I get blank stares from everybody but my boss. He's the only one I smoke with that appreciates good herb on that level.

11. Haha totally right, thank you for this. :D

12. One of my really close family members recently helped me make some hash. She's younger, doesn't understand that there is alot more to weed than just a plant, some buds and smoking it.

I got her into smoking so i only feel it's necessary that i teach her more about it. She's actually pretty smart about it, moreso than her friends. She's only been smoking for like 3 years, 1 of them heavily.

13. Pack a bowl young grass smoker. They are the stoners that will quit in a few months, because they don't have the love or respect for mary jane. They just use her for personal parasitic purposes.

14. #14 DMX, Apr 12, 2010
    I research everything im interested in. People will always try to make themselves look smart by talking random shit.

Like the poster above me said. Alot of people use MJ only with friends or once in a while. they do not respect the plant for what it is. They see it as a drug. Asking them to smoke is ike asking them to drink... Because most people think of the 2 in the same aspect.

15. I agree with a lot that has been said.
    I'm 20 and most 20 year olds are fucking retarded that I know who smoke.
    They all think they are bad ass with their "dank ass dro" its so fucking retarded. They pack these big ass blunts at parties, they barely inhale or hold it in they just like to blow as much smoke as possible and they just set em in a an ashtray and let em burn. I feel like my friends and I are the only ones who truly respect the herb.
    it sucks.
    they just wanna get fucked up instead of enjoying their high or savoring the taste and the smells.

16. imstoned: I dont know how old you are but im 23 and i feel its is my age groups(18-25) duty to teach ppl these things so every1 is educated on MJ.

I know it can be frustrating when u hear ppl call dro the top of the line because it was grown hydro. Well if you take a look at the outdoor grow journals you will see dank buds been grown.

And w/ your friends that drink and say weed is bad. Those are the ppl that were brain washed w/ the governments bullshit.

Over Grow the Govt!
    Bunga

17. Maybe it is your fault for hanging around these people that piss you off and are uneducated

18. #18 The Magic Bum, Apr 12, 2010
    In my town, you have the older hippies vs. the whiteboy gangsters. The hippies are 30+ yrs and like their weed organic outdoor, the gangster kids are mid 20's to the teens, and obsessed with hydro. It's like some secret underground war going on. I feel out of place, being 23, and hanging out with people twice my age. But hell man, they appreciate the herb like I do. They take care of their plants like children. I dont know if these hydro guys piss me off, but I can't help but laugh and shake my head when I hear them get all excited about the dank hydro they got in the city. I smoke a bit and just think to myself, geez man, this tastes like ass, hurts my throat, and doesnt even get me as high as my homegrown stuff.

Tut-tut I say.

19. It's how people are....you don't expect people to know everything about a hobby of yours when you talk about it, do you? Most kids arn't on GC, they're just getting knowledge from other people they toke with and taking it as fact, true or not. I remember trying to explain to a kid that dealed for 2+ years who made pretty damn good money that dro = / = fire bud, but rather is how the bud was grown. He just looked at me like i was an idiot and said no, and his friends agreed with him ofc. Oh well.

The stima weed has is everywhere.....just deal with it, things are going to be different soon.

20. Aye man just calm down.. If it grinds your gears why further explain the issue.

Solution: Only talk about it with people who really know .. Or .. Don't talk about anything technical with noob smokers... Thats all. Not everyone can know everything you know haha.

If you think about it in the end, who really cares.