does it need nitrogen or calmag

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by Upinsmoke420365, Aug 17, 2017.

1. #1 Upinsmoke420365, Aug 17, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2017
    So I have 6 plants growing in coco. Jock horror autos. Only one is really showing signs of a deficiency. On all the plants I am running 1/3 teaspoon bloom per gallon and 1/2 teaspoon veg per 3 gallons. 1/4 teaspoon Epsom salts per gallon. I feed at a pH around 6 daily, runoff is similar. Any ideas of correction?[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

My current 6 Jock Horror Autos, coco coir grow. :gc_rocks:

2. What's the pH of the water you are using? First picture looks like it's twisting with magnesium or potassium deficiency which is indictive of high PH

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk

3. Feeding pH is 6. Half gallon per pot. I get well over 50 percent runoff.

4. Do you feed that ever watering

5. Well now I'm guessing sodium toxicity. Epsom salt is a good quick fix not advisable for every day use.

6. I am doubtful, its sodium toxicity, none of the other 5 plants show the same symptoms as this one. This ones budding fine, its just the leaf issues. To early in flowering for dying lower leafs. They are all feed same exact nutrients. I make a 3 gallon batch at a time.

7. Why lol just why? that stuff will end tasting like crap coir holds too much water its going to rot
    use some manure ,bone meal ,fish crap and perlite etc.unless the fert was free i only once it once a week plain water in between get a bunny free manure right there.....

8. Get some cal mag

9. You treat coco as a hydroponic medium. Drain to waste is closest to hydroponics you can get. I will take some pics of the sides of my air pruning pots, the roots are not lacking. They are exploding with roots breaking through and getting pruned. The root zone is fine.

10. Ya I am going to, probably have to wait a few days but soon. My tap water worked fine until this point. My assumption is the calcium in the tap was fine for the plants until they got bigger and needed more.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. yea love to see more pics ,but why not use soil? surely a good blend would work too At the very least use some compost tea

12. I used soil my last grow, the dam gnats were relentless. And I am using all synthetic nutrients. Soon as you use organics with coco, gnats come lol sorry but fuck that haha. I used some Alaska fish fert with a bokchoy downstairs and they infested that coco in that pot. Here's a few pics, other plants are nice and healthy. Here's the roots springing from my 3 gallon pot as promised. Sorry was to lazy to swap to regular lighting. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

13. yea gnats can be a problem if your not ready for them the place i bought one of my clones from had them had to prep this clone and the other one just pour a layering of d earth this time around in the past i use black sand.
    d earth kills the stuff works great i use1inch layer in each planter .

14. No pun intended but I went synthetic this grow to do something different. I cant see adding organics to a inert medium. If I wanted organics, I would just grow in soil. I used all organic my last grow, and honestly I am much happier this grow. A lot less hassle. Add nutrients to water, pH and feed. And also I can control amount of nutrients feed.

15. Epsom salt is magnesium sulfate. So no chance it's that. It looks like toxicity not deficiency.

16. You don't they the magnesium is getting locked out because I am feeding a little to heavy? Picture from growweedeasy looks almost like my leaf.[​IMG]

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk