Does it matter when you water? please read

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by stonehenge919, Sep 2, 2007.

1. I was just wondering if it is better to water your plants during the light cycle or the dark cycle? I always wondered this and i am not sure if it matters or not but which is better? also how often should plants get watered during flowering? Its just one plant in a 5 gallon bucket already 2 weeks into flower.

2. i have always watered during the plants light cycle. and to tell you the truth i dont think it will affect the plants much as long as they do get watered on a regular basis.

as for when to water, check the soil whenever you check on the plants. if it is still damp then it is fine for water. you want to water them once the soil is somewhat dry. dont wait for all water to be suked out of the soil tho. the roots need to be able to access oxygen and if the soil is always wet, there no chance for roots to get any. i hope i helped and good luck. :)

3. I like to water early in light cycle (never in the dark cycle), to allow the girls to suck up the run off. Often I water late in day out of neccesity and just suck up most excess runoff with my turkey baster. Watering can be so dependant on numerous factors that I don't use a set time to water, instead I slightly lift my pot to feel for weight and water/fert only when it's at the proper lighter weight. I always try to water before my plants tell me to by drooping. In general a flowering plant in my setup goes @4 days between watering in @6gals of soil.

4. also, watering in the dark cycle gives mold that much better of a chance to show up and no one wants that.