Does it look somewhat ok, so far?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Rolling420, May 3, 2012.

1. Hello, :wave:
    Noticed a very helpful community as i got most of my information from this site :)
    First of all, yes, this is my first timer :p
    Got these seeds for 7euro with a mini incubator. Just tried a few and noticed that one sprouted,a surprise really, left it on the window sill for the first 5 days. For these last five days it has been under 18/6.

I have also got feminised Big Bud seeds but will try with this first. (need a bit of experience and to get few items first)

Strain: Not quite sure instructions mentioned skunky seeds.
    Light: (Veg) CFL 20w 2700k:eek: (will upgrade on this as soon as possible) thinking of ~ 70w CFL 6000k
    (Flow) CFL 125w or 200w 2700k
    The problem is I cant seem to find any shops having a daylight bulb all of them are 2700k :mad: Not so sure about buying them from the internet yet.

Will buy a fan soon :p

Some pic's

Attached Files:

2. #2 RO76, May 3, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: May 3, 2012
    Lower your light, your seedling is stretched because it does not getting enough light , with leaf that size it should be twice as short(meaning :instead of using energy for leafs development , it using energy to stretch to the light = slower development). If you using CFL keep it 2-3"(5-7 centimeters) away from the plant not farther.Good luck.

3. Looks like its living well and strong but like RO76 said you'll need to bring the light closer to the plant and get a few more powerful CFLs.

4. Thank you for the reply. But the light is 2-4cm from the plant.. i believe its so stretched because for the first 5 days it was left on the window sill :)

5. Im A huge fan of big bud, but I've never used feminized seeds before. Looking good though! I'll be sure to check back.

6. Will do :) Thanks

7. Whenever i will start with the big bud, I will add a few pics :) Thanks

8. A small update! the stem underneath the top leafs is like white :D looks nice under zoom :D and just a small bud i got the other day ;)

Upgrading the lights within few days :)

Attached Files:

9. loookin good rollin420 what kind of soil do you have there?

10. You can re-pot the plant and bury your current stretch. With the lights beaming down properly, you can still enjoy a relatively bushy plant.

11. It came with a starter kit i bought, had no name of soil but it said something like soil with nutrients for starting seedlings lol :D

That would be the 3rd time i repot it in the last 11 days. Would it not get stressed or sumtin ? :D
    Thanks for the quick reply :)

12. well, yes, every event in the plant's life affects it's final outcome. Transplanting seedlings WILL impact plant health, albeit minutely, and perhaps even too minutely to distinguish.

If possible, it's useful to have everything in place so the plants can grow without too much changing program, or much transplanting. on the other hand some gardeners do many transplants with excellent results. It all depends on a lot of stuff.

if you need to support the stalk with a skewer or something, do it. when the plant takes root, within the next few weeks, the stalk will thicken and you can remove the skewer.

So rollin 420, any idea what kind of soil mix you'll plant into in the future? any nurseries or locally made organic soil mixes available in your area?

13. There is but going to get my lights this weekend so will look for the soil too.
    Agricultural Topsoil & compost mix is this stuff ok?

agricultural topsoil 70%
    compost from receycled green waste 25%
    grit 5%

14. If you're already running a soil with time release nutes, switching to organic is a risky proposition. I would run with coco coir and osmocote until the next run when you are prepared to run straight organics, at which time all of that stuff would be thrown away.

Check out this thread:
    http://forum.grasscity.com/indoor-marijuana-growing/810558-osmocote-plus-tr-fert-grow.html I wouldn't bother with synthetic nutes unless it was a soil-less medium, and this is the cheapest and easiest way I've seen to obtain that.

15. thanks for the reply will look into that but i will do my best to get most of the stuff i need for it as the plant is kind of an experiment (first time) havent done anything like this before.
    Bought a 30w 6400k 1900lumen cfl 2day :) now using 2 cfls one 11w and 20w 2700k together bout 1800lumen with the 30w day light it will be 3500 lumen is that ok ? might just upgrade in few days with another 30w day lite :) also is a fan necessary ? Temp is always bout 25. :)
    + J.Arthur Bowers Fish,blood&bone

(N) 5.0%
    Phosphorus Pentoxide 5.0%(2.1%P)
    Potassium Oxide 6.5%(5.4%K)

and all purpose Miracle-Gro

Nitrogen total (24.0%)
    Ammoniacal nitrogen (3.5%)
    Ureic nitrogen (20.5%)

16. It will be enough light to support your plants life but absolutely not enough to grow any significant amount of grass . I'll be surprised if you get more than 5 grams after 2-3 month if work.... MORE LIGHT = MORE GRASS

17. I was just talking bout vegetative growth ;) For flowering i will probably use like 200w to 300w of cfls. What do you think of like 200w cfl and maybe a 180 UFO led ?

18. #18 hope2toke, May 5, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: May 5, 2012
  19. don't use the Miracle-grope. it has harmful forms of nitrogen that will kill your plant. If you're using native soil and compost, roll carefully. Red lava rock is probably the cheapest aeration amendment you can get for that and you need it at %25 of your soil, a 5 gallon bucket should only cost a few bucks. It also provides iron to your plant which is tough to get too much of. Bone and blood meal are fine if you already bought them, nothing too special but it would get the job done. add 1.5 cups of each to each cubic foot. one more thing... where is the native soil you're using from? what's it's history? are there many worms in the soil? if so can you try identify which type of worm? the type of worm often depends on the type of soil.

20. I totally agree, but if you want to run CMH ever, be sure you get a magnetic HPS ballast, and not a digital.