Does it have to be complete dark during 18/6 veg cycle?

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by 420patient, Jan 6, 2011.

1. Or can it be in a drak room?... I know during flower to light proof the room but wanna get started veging now while in the process of buying black-out curtains. My room is gonna be my grow room so im planning to make it light proof maybe put in a green bulb for working in the dark cycle. Just need to have them vegging like 3 to 4 weeks under a 400wmh then switch to 600w hps. gonna be growing six plants in 3 gallon containers.

2. yep... complete dark.... this is the hard part with indoor grows

3. During the veg cycle the plant can tolerate additional light, but in the flowering stage it must be
    an uninterrupted dark cycle. Don't use the green light when in flowering.

4. Your bedroom is going to be the grow room -- not in your bedroom but it is the bedroom? How do you plan to manage that during flower? Either: 1) you will sleep 12 hours a day, 2) you will sleep during the light cycle (kinda bright to do that) or 3) you will disrupt the dark cycle.

Don't use a green bulb, it gives off more than just green light.

5. Extra bedroom forgot to specify that. Ok i'll can the green light and wait till everything is light tight to start.

6. Try stapling up some black trashbags or a dark sheet to the window. As for your lighting question; irregular photoperiods can trigger the plant to develop both male and female parts. If that does occur, you will have a hermy. They smoke awful and can really ruin the genetics of such a beautiful plant. I'd suggest lightproofing the source that is exposing the plants during their rest period. I'm not saying it's a 100% chance they will hermy though. Just be careful, and give them time.