Does it bother you that....

Discussion in 'Science and Nature' started by JayBreak, Jul 2, 2011.

1. Once your gone from our beautiful mysterious Planet Earth you wont be back ever again......?
    :smoke:

2. it wont bother me when im dead. but i admit that its strange to think about:smoke:

3. Strangely I suppose, no. I wouldn't live my life over and it's been good while it lasted, I'm done.

MelT

4. been there done that, I wanna try the next ride.

5. Who won't be back again? Are you saying that your mind contains trancindental information regarding the satisfaction that you've harbored from your life, and that you are afraid that you will die without ever being able to express this to some greater force?

Because you, whoever "you" are, will be back again, simple as that. Just as you are now.

6. The light we probably see when we are close to death, is the opening to the other world, aka vagina, or something similar to that, once we are born again in either Earth or some other planet far far away, we are born as new and begin life over as if that's was your first life, and this could continue infinite times over, yet again that's just my idea..

7. I've died before and I will tell u exactly what happened

Everything did go white but it wasnt a light in the center like a tunnel it was like a head rush black out everything went white from the outside closing in and it took prob 2 seconds which felt like a minute and at the same time there was a ringing white noise sound that started quiet like a ringing ear and got louder and louder till it was like standing next to a wave that's crashing non stop about the same time everything was white I couldn't feel my body at all, I remember wondering if that was all there was there was no sound or picture or anything nothin was there except my mind

Since then I've thought about it often and done some Lookin into about it and basically what I've broken it down to is that when u die ur body is taking in every piece of information it can as it's trying to stay alive and filters in ur brain shut down but that never answered my question of why my brain was still active for the 3 min the whole soul thing still raises questions but I haven't gone all religious lol

8. when i die i will decompose into fertile soil for plants to grow which will feed some sort of animal which will probably feed on another and another, which means what WAS me will eventually turn into something great.

9. ^^^ That's what I thought too, but later decided that I just wan't going to die ^^^

I used to get sick of these ideas like, shit, what if I could build a better version of myself, and let this body decompose, considering things like I don't have a symmetrical heart and what not, but I just said, what the hell, I can change.

10. I'll be on Earth for the rest of its life.

11. My physical form will be here after my death, as I am now, without the electrical stimuli/chemical reactions required to keep this machine I call my body functional.

I do not fear my body's failure; after I cease to function I will have no thoughts, nor emotions, in which to process.

12. Pretty much like the second response. I won't care when I'm dead, but I think anyone who says they don't fear death is lying to themselves. Fear of death is so innate, I can't see how anyone can say it doesn't bother them. They may have come to terms with it, like all of us have to - but it has to stir up some uneasy feelings. I don't fear death sounds to me like someone saying I'm never hungry.

But anyways now I'll get to see the responses on how they're such a boss because death doesn't phase them. Doing that is essentially slapping evolution in the face. (I'm probably carrying some angst from the S&P section so sorry if I come off a little hot)

13. Bolded makes me laugh (Like a BOSS!). Maybe your right, but not from me.

When I say I don't fear death, that doesn't mean if I were about to get hit by a truck I would just stand there and be like, "I'm not Scerrd!"

Death does give me an uneasy feeling, because it is unknown, unusual, something like bungee jumping for the first time. It's almost like an excitement, if you can wrap your head around that.

When I say I don't fear death, what I mean is: During the final moments in which I will cease to consciously exist, I will not be scared.

I will be in awe.

14. fear of death is normal. i dont know what the point of this thread is. but the fear of death isnt evidence of heaven or anything like that. this is why the arguement a lot of christiants use "why not believe in god, it will save you if he proves to be true" doesnt work on rational people