Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

does how deep you inhale really matter?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by MattmPsi, Sep 21, 2015.

1. ive heard people saying that it doesnt really matter how long you hold your hits, because most of the thc absorbs pretty fast..but does how DEEP you inhale matter?

I was thinking about how harsh smoking a blunt is for me..i always suck it way deep into my lungs so i dont waste any. But if this is pointless i would love to know so that i could stop :)

Thanks

2. Depth of breath is referring to amount of smoke inhaled in 1 hit.

Studies show that it takes about 3 seconds for thc to absorb into the lungs, after that you are simply cutting oxygen supply.

Think in simple terms the more smoke you fill in the same area the more thc that will be in said smoke.

3. Triple B said it best above me. The more thc you are bringing in the more you are getting. If you can take a full hit and then some and hold for a sec you will get higher because you are absorbing more thc. If you are just trying to take a full hit and cough it out halfway through because you can't handle it you suck and need to learn your limits.