Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Does holding your breath get you higher?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by elefante1211, Aug 7, 2011.

1. Nah just make's me light headed(er).

2. I personnaly hold in my vape hits 15-30 secs and normal smoke 5-10. I'm just saying weather or not you were right your science was completely wrong.

3. "The human brain can last only 4 to 6 minutes without oxygen before permanent damage occurs, according to California State University. In the event of a stroke or other event causing even short-term oxygen deprivation, prompt treatment is critical to prevent damage to the brain."

Before you get to that point your body starts redirecting oxygen from your muscles to your vital organs and feel a burning that is basically your body calling out for oxygen. Nobody here is holding their hits that long. Most of the people on this thread are talking about holding their hits for a matter of seconds. Not nearly long enough to cause brain damage.

4. I was using laymen's terms in my first comment. I don't hold my hits longer than 30 seconds either most of the time.

5. You really only need to do it for 5 seconds max to get the full effect.. I know some people who wait like 30 seconds, it just makes me laugh.

6. You probably heard it from Pineapple Express, but they said it as a joke.

7. no but its cuts off oxygen from your brain! i always hold my hits for 5 seconds max.

8. Yeah when you white out...not fun though.

9. So is it dangerous to hold your breath when swimming? Anything under a minute isn't unhealthy as far as oxygen levels go. Sure you will absorb more tars, but you also absorb more THC.

10. interesting. well that was long before that movie came out that i heard it, but prob just a myth none the less. i've never even seen the movie
    :p

11. Works for me, I do it. I hear tar settles in that way, but ah fuck it.

12. smoke it till u puke, dry up the puke in a easy-bake-oven and smoke that. Dont forget to smear the ash on ur face. Sure to do the trick