Does height in dating matter?

Discussion in 'Sex, Love & Relationships' started by incrededibles, Apr 26, 2018.

1. That's true about wanting to feel protected (at least for me) I am kind of short and my man is taller than me and he makes me feel safe when with him. :)

~Toni~

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. As far as women go I'm pretty tall at about 5'10, 5'11. I never really thought of it but it's definitely true. While I try not to let something like height sway me I did choose a guy who's taller than me. And when I was single I usually found myself attracted to taller guys than guys shorter than me even though I really tried not to let it sway me. I liked and dated shorter guys but the dynamic was weird and if I wore heels (which I don't do often but on rare occasions I think it's fun) the guy would get extra shy and treat me strangely. Guys of equal height, even ones that I wasn't dating, would make up excuses not to talk to me if I towered over them in heels, too. It's just a whole lotta weird that I didn't want to deal with, ya know?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Me and my boyfriend are the exact same height. I think I may be slightly taller and I’ve come to terms with the fact that one day he’s gonna be a little old man.
    Fuck, it really shouldn’t matter and it’s sad that a lot of people feel that it’s so important to the point they won’t date someone to their height preference.
    Love someone for who they are, not what they are. Basing your attraction off something so irrelevant is just so narrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  4. That's a nice sentiment and all but would you give someone grief if they prefer a certain sex? People have preferences and there's nothing wrong with that.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. I totally respect someone that doesn't care about height. If you find the right person I don't care about it at all personally. Look around though at least 9 out of 10 couples the male is taller then the female. It's just natural. Average height of each sex is like 4"- 6" different. As much as we want to credit traits like sense of humor most women won't talk to a guy shorter then they are. Just the facts.

6. personality looks confidence money are more important

7. True but many shorter guys aren't that confident. It's part of the problem. I'm always amazed how far confidence can carry a person. It almost doesn't matter if you're ugly and stupid if you have unshakable confidence in yourself it shows and it breeds success. I see it all the time.

• Like Like x 1
  8. My wife and I were talking about looks in general the other day. We’ve been together a long time. She was showing me a before and after picture of one of the teachers she works with who has had the unfortunate deal of having to go thru cancer, chemotherapy etc etc.

In both pictures the guys wife was with him and you could tell that they had been together for a long time too. In pic 1 he was young and strong and handsome. In pic 2 he was extremely sick looking, had gained a lot of weight, and had obviously gone thru hell and back. In pic 2 it looked like his wife loved him more than ever.

When you’re with someone and you’ve both decided that it would take a team of horses to rip the two of you apart and that you’re in it Till the bitter end looks,height, whatever vain things that might have been important at one time simply no longer are. Looks (or height, or weight etc) with the exception of health reasons, are no longer even a thing.

Good luck Op

J

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
  9. That's BS though. I've known short fat guys who dated women taller than they were, it's not even that rare. Not saying height counts for nothing but some(short) guys are just way too obsessed with it. It's easy to focus on the traits you don't have and discount all the assets you do have.

10. Depends on what you want to kiss

Sent from my SM-G935V using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. I have a couple girlfriend's who are tall. They complain that all the tall dudes like short chicks lol

Sent from my SM-G935V using Grasscity Forum mobile app

12. Women are subject to an array of basic patterns for finding their mate that many let define their behavior; physical features and the attraction created by them dominates these basic patterns.. Things like big muscles, taller frame; these are all features that a woman feels protected by. Also tall people tend to be in better shape than their counterparts.

On the flip side, being tall means your heart has to work harder all the time to pump your blood.. There is a reason you do not see many tall old people; most are short. Tall people are at a much higher risk of natural death at younger ages; most are aware of this and adjust their lifestyles accordingly, since adding weight onto an already tall frame is just compounding the hearts work load.

13. You high bro or just joking? That's some straight pseudoscience right there :laughing:

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. 6'3, my lady is 5'5...short bitch :geek:

15. Its actually only pseudoscience when proven to be pseudoscience by using science.. Things cannot be pseudoscience simply by being branded as pseudoscience; I find your claim of pseudoscience without any actual science behind it to be the biggest joke here.

And by the way, I am high as fuck.

16. Cite? Most studies have shown that taller people die years sooner than their shorter counterparts.

Edit: my bad! If I had continued reading I would have seen that you had said just this in your second paragraph.

J

• Like Like x 1
  17. Not pseudo science. Tall people do die younger. I think this is to a point though. It's exponential. If you're 6'2" your not that high of a likely hood of dying younger but if you're over 6'6" your chances of heart problems go way up when you're older.

It's the same thing with dogs. Anyone ever owned a Great Dane? Their life expectancy is 7 years. They typically have heart failure between 7-10 years old. A small dog can make up to 16-20 years mostly because their heart doesn't have to work as hard.

18. I wish that were true. My dog was very small, under 10 lbs. I had high hopes she would last 15-16 years and she died in my arms at 13 from heart failure.

19. 13 really isn’t too bad for any dog though. Sorry for your loss. Dogs give us unconditional love - unconditional being a word most folks can’t fathom. I’ve lost a couple myself over my lifetime and it’s never fun.

J

20. Parts of this thread had me dying laughing lmao

In a sense, it all depends on what you're attracted to, so I won't say that height does not matter

To me, a shorter guy, or same height, wouldn't be a deal breaker, but honestly, a guy that's too tall for me would probably be avoided.

I feel like making eye contact shouldn't be too extreme, I don't want to look up to the skies in order to have a conversation.

I'm 5'1, boyfriend's taller but perfectly so.. at least to me.

• Like Like x 2