Does heaven get boring?

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by KingOfThatHill, Aug 13, 2011.

1. For it to not be bound by time it can't be bound by space. You will coexist with God in nothing? Don't mind the contradictory semantics- lets use words to further explain our views, not pick them apart... At least when dealing with the metaphysical bahaha

2. I believe heaven is governed by physics which are different from the realm we are residing in, currently.

3. we don't deal with the metaphysical. we speak a pseudo-metaphysical language, but we deal with our selves when doing so. :smoke:

4. I don't believe in heaven.

5. #65 m00zix, Aug 29, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 29, 2011
    I once saw a video where Stephen hawking talked about how he thought all universes are governed by the same laws of the universe ie: time, space, gravity.

But if a god did exist that created the universe, I'm sure he could create a space by which it is not bound by the normal laws of the universe if he wanted to. God can NOCLIP, if you will.

Speaking of cheatcodes, this got me to wondering, why is God viewed as an entity with no limits? Perhaps he can only create things by means of the laws of the universe as we know it and nothing more.

Furthermore, is heaven synonymous with the place God resides? Why does a limitless, infinitely powerful being have to exist to begin with? He can "exist" in nothing as easily as existing in space- HE'S LIMITLESS DAMN IT! Perhaps consciousness doesn't even need to "exist."

6. Exactly!

Part of the reason may be because a lot of religious folk make the statements, "God can do the impossible" or "God can do anything", but to me those are qualified claims. I believe God has limits, but He is not bound (limited)by anything He created/creates such as physics or the laws of the universe.
    Personally, I tend to believe heaven is undefiled fellowship with God, but not necessarily the "place" He metaphysically resides. That's a tough question for me to answer though to be quite honest.

I struggled with the same question, but have peace with the idea that God's reasons are likely to not make sense to my finite, limited thinking ya know?

7. i like to think along similar lines, i just use different words. i tend to believe heaven and hell or even sin and faith are opposing states of being rather than places to be. if a human being were to exist in nature and perform his natural function as a human being successfully, then said human being should be in a state of oneness with nature, which i could call heaven or faith. a question arises: what is the natural function of human beings, and are all to be given the same function? i'm tired of typing lol :smoke:

8. i cant believe this thread has so much heated discussion

heaven cant get boring, its heaven

only someone on earth would ever ask this kinda question, shit like this wouldnt even cross your mind while your flying through jet streams and playing double neck harp guitar.

9. I was just pointing out the flaw in thinking that joy = sin. It isn't. Jesus, Krishna, Buddha, etc have an inner joy in them that is so great, they would never even consider smoking or having sex or anything like that because by comparison they offer no happiness or joy that can compete even remotely to the joy that lies in the soul.

If anyone here could experience the divine bliss for even one second, they would immediately realize that no earthly pleasures deserve to even be described as joyful.

Why do you think saints of many religions throughout history have given up all worldy desires in order to give their life completely for God? How is it that the great saints never sway from their path, no matter what the trials and hardships that come their way? It's because of that inner bliss, it is all satisfying, and so they would never dream of doing anything that will take it away from them.

Boredom is something that only exists here. On this plane people experience the alternating waves of happiness and sadness. When one does not experience either of those, they generally experience boredom. Boredom is the absence of both pleasure and pain. Some people occasionally experience peace also, but that is rare. This universe is created with polarity. Up and down, left and right, good and evil, pleasure and pain, yin and yang, action and reaction, etc. This duality was created by God in order to create this universe. It did not exist before He made it so. In Him there is duality at all. There are no alternating currents of pleasure and pain. In God there is only oneness and unity.

That's why discussions like this are invalid. We as humans are completely conditioned by duality. There is no escaping it because the very fabric of the universe is built upon it. That is why you guys think heaven will be boring, or that eternity is too long to experience something, etc. In heaven no rules of this universe exist, because it does not lie within this universe. Time is a creation by God, as is space. In Spirit and in your own souls there is no past, present, or future. There is only an eternal 'now'.

10. kierkegaard and nietzsche should be required reading for all christians. who's with me? :smoke:

11. Maybe in heaven photons are stationary? Would that not yield time as non-existent?

I agree quantumly

Here here

12. Heaven is in YOU. I don't believe that we stay in some place, as the same person for eternity. The universe goes through infinite cycles of expand/contract. We dream a different cosmic dream each universal birth. Heaven is existence.

13. #73 VVeed, Aug 29, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    That's some fucked up shit

14. Divine joy or inner peace?? Two different concepts.

15. How?......

16. #76 VVeed, Aug 29, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    idk if it's just because I'm stoned, but that seems crazy that you can believe that. I mean that would be the best scenario, but there is no proof of any after life at all. Couldn't we just as well have no after life at all.

17. heaven has no time, so every thing you do, it will be like the first time you've ever done it. like smelling a rose

18. It's something that doesn't suite your psychology. But I didn't make the idea up. Science is on my side with the universe part as well.

Yes, it's definitely possible for nothingness after death- though we cannot comprehend actually "nothingness." It's an easy conclusion to arrive to, but I think death is part of a cycle rather than end of a line. We know not what happens, but doesn't mean there is nothing after.

19. that's how i feel when i get stoned! :smoke:

it feels so natural to worry about what happens after i die, but then i wonder why. i've had two lung surgeries so those are possible reasons. plus i was raised a christian, better suited to learning how best to die rather than how best to live. i've since given up worrying about death though. jesus did recommend not worrying after all. :smoke:

20. For the sake of the OP, you assume heaven is real.