Does growing get more fun once you live on your own?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by ThatOneBro, Feb 3, 2013.

1. I'm growing secretly for the most part now, and on a limited budget.

Once you move out, get a promising job, and have your own place, is it more fun to grow on a larger scale? Not HUGE but just bigger? I'm curious. Thanks for the input :D

2. I have a 12x14 grow room with 1600 watts it's a blast and I don't have to hide it from anyone

3. That's what i figured... Can't wait now :D

4. it gets quite tiring for me. once you grow a handful of large plants which require lots of work you get sick of it after a while. i had a perpetual grow going for about 2 years harvesting once or twice a month...trimming was the worst part id have to say. checking the ph and ppm changing reservoirs and all that also gets quite a bit tiring. my first couple grows were a blast but that faded out. i started neglecting the plants i had so i killed everything off and quit for like 4 months, but now up for the work again :p

5. That's a thing i was wondering about... can you just harvest and let the buds grow back? I'm on my first grow, so I don't know myself.

Easy solve, organic soil. That's what I'm using at least haha.

6. ive used plenty of soil mixtures and can never get even close to the results as with dwc hydro. yes you can reveg your plants after flower but usually you have to trim the roots and it takes forever for it to come back to life. id say its completely useless to try and reveg after flower. for my grow id just take a clone of each clone as soon as i put it into flower. every 2 weeks id put 2 plants into flower and start 2 new clones. id veg them for 2-3 weeks then start the whole process over again. this way i never had to keep a mother plant and waste space and a plant that i could legally have since i could only have 12 at a time.

7. #7 buddogmutt, Feb 3, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 3, 2013
    not until you're in a prop 215 legal state......like me!...but no...it gets more difficult...the more plants the more potential for problems...so i'd say once you've actually learned how to grow and can do it legal...then its fun...

8. yeah it helps to live in a state where its legal-washington. Ive recentley come into a large sum of money and have the luxury of growing in a secure location with top notch equipment and lots of watts....but its that much more work, especially since i grow in soil but of course its that kind of work that you look forward to because you know the payoff will be so sweet.