Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

does grindage affect potency?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by SlowBurner420, Aug 24, 2009.

1. :confused_2:Okay, so my brother-in-laws friend says that if you grind bud up it looses it's potency.... is that true?

2. It could be true, considering the kief sticks to the edges of the grinder and/or falls off the buds into the kief catcher.

3. I've heard everything from "ground up bowls lose potency due to loss of kief" to "ground up bowls increase potency by increasing surface area"

I don't know shit about that, all I know is that ground up bowls hit noticably better.

4. If you are grinding in a closed grinder (no screen to filter out a bit of kief) then by no means are you losing potency. If you are using a grinder with a kief catcher, you aren't actually losing potency, but rather stocking it in a different place :smoke:

Grinding the weed will make it burn easily, and probably achieve a higher degree of carbonization. But I'm far from an expert in that area...

Elend.

5. Not a noticeable amount. Plus then you have kief too.

6. This. :smoke:

7. The best bowls I think are the ones where the weed is fairly ground up and fairly tightly packed. They stay lit better and require the least torching and waste the least weed.

That's why I love my dugout, it's so pure. One pack is just the right amount to get me nice and high. I just touch the flame of my lighter to the bud. As soon as I hear the crackling, I stop lighting. I inhale the whole load in one hit, then I'm baked to perfection.

8. Here is whats important. You still gt high after grinding it right? Then its all good, not to mention you have some keif to smoke in a little while.